2nd Annual KnifeDogs MITH Giveaway

I GOT MY PACKAGE!!!! I think it was better than Christmas! As a newbie I got SO MANY new things to try and work with. I feel like I need to go back and send more to my person. I am Definitely glad I participated in this.

-David

WELL... 2-4"x6"x1/8" pieces of 440c, a piece of 1.5"x7.5"x1/8" 440c, 2 chunks of 6AL-4V enough for a folder or 2 small ones, 2 similar size chunks of SS, a block of maple, and..... A PAIR of DAMASCUS BOLSTERS. I'm prob leaving out a couple of things too. But a box of great stuff. All from A.W.Stovall. Am I a lucky kid or what?!?!?

Ok Guys, sorry I have not been able to get Internet out on the road. Sean, My inbox is empty now so please get me your address asap.

I am happy to see things are starting to arrive. If you have not gotten your package by Saturday please let me know. Sean your will be coming a tad later.

Don't be scared to throw up pics or a description of what you got :)

Thanks all for joining in!!!!

I got my package today! It has a lot of cool stuff in it! a couple pieces of 1080, a huge block of G-11 and Burl. A piece of walnut, ironwood, red horn (very cool), a file and brush. Not shown is center punch, a couple corbys, small magnets, and four dice. not sure about the dice except one rolls a 6 almost every time. Thank you Mark! and thanks to Ernie for puttung this togeather. i am all ready thing of what to send out next year!
It has been a good week, to the left in the picture is the two billets I won from Clint at IronArm. I feel the need to grind something!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 21
I got my box of goodies today.. Thank you Gahagan.. Im gona have fun working with these materials!

blocks of awesome maple burl, one white paper marcarta, and what look like canvas marcarta. And a small horn tip..

Again Thanks Gahagan, and Ernie

Attachments

• HHH Fighter, engraved w sheath 082.jpg
    HHH Fighter, engraved w sheath 082.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I got mine today. Thanks James, I have been wanting to work with some CPM 154 and the piece you sent will work out fine. I even got a pattern drawn out on it to start on tomorrow as soon as the honeydo's are finished.

I have a box ready to send out but am awaiting instructions since it's going to the great frozen north and there is a border involved. I would hate for there to be unnecessary custom duties involved.

Thanks James Terrio for your generosity and Ernie for putting this together.

Now I'm going to see if I can figure out what this little black rod is and what I might use it for.

Carey

Received my package today, from Eric Poris, lots of good stuff

2pieces of 1095
Brass bolster mater. and tube
Chicago screws
G-11
Lots of damascus for bolsters and guards
A ton of handle scales, not sure what a couple are and guessed at a couple but I like them all
Pin stock also

Thank You Eric

MITH 003.jpg
newreply.php

Got my package yesterday from David aka hikerdude07.

Block of Black Alder
Block of Black Walnut I believe
2 pieces of Red Palm
Small block of Bocote
Various pieces of brass tubing
8 Ivory dots

Thanks David and Thanks Ernie.

Pat

Attachments

• MITH 2011.jpg
    MITH 2011.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 20
Thanks James, I have been wanting to work with some CPM 154 and the piece you sent will work out fine.

You're very welcome! It's lovely stuff, I think you'll like working with it. Soak it in vinegar overnight, the mill scale will be much easier to grind off :) The little black rod is a firesteel. Make a little handle for it and scrape it with the spine of your knife or a piece of old hacksaw blade to get a shower of sparks for starting your campfire. There's one in my avatar pic ;)

Last edited:
I got mine in from Randy, I will get pics and details up later.........I have to go service my semi right now.

Thank you, Adam!

Yay, I got my package today! All kinds of cool useful stuff. Muchas Thankias to Adam and to Ernie for setting this up :biggrin:

Attachments

• 2011 mith from GodSpeed.jpg
    2011 mith from GodSpeed.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 23
Back