29th anniversary gift for my wife.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Thursday will be our 29th wedding anniversary,I told my wife I was taking her to Atlanta for the weekend and taking her to a really good show that I had heard so much about,I hope she's not disappointed about The Blade Show.:biggrin:
I got to thinking about something I could do to add even more excitement to this anniversary,so I scrounged around in my shop for materials,looked at all my tools,assessed my skills,wracked my mind for a design,formulated a plan and this is what I came up with. I hope she likes it.
I made patterns for my pantograph and milled out the bezel from Damasteel,rose pattern and the inlay from abalone. I hand finished the bezel to 1000 grit,hardened it then etched it in sulfuric acid for 12 minutes. I hand finished the abalone to 1000 grit then polished it,it is .050" proud of the bezel and inlayed .050". I didn't photograph the back but I scratch engraved,with a diamond point on my New Hermes manual engraver "CALVIN & SHELLEY,29 YEARS".
Y'all enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 38
Calvin,
Congrats to you and your darling wife for 29 years! The Dammy & Abalone pendent looks beautiful.
I am sure she will enjoy the show too.

The pendent turned out great! I really like that you told her you are taking her to a show you have heard so much about. Thats funny right there.

Calvin,
Actually Steve brings up a good point.
I would coat the back of the Damascus Pendant with some clear finger nail polish so that skin perspiration down there in Florida doesn't oxidize/rust it.

Ok,I'll do that,thanks for bringing it up,I'm not a jeweler so I wasn't aware that it might be a problem.
It is stainless Damasteel Damascus and I did heat treat it and she never wears low necklines so it won't be on her skin but I will do something,how about clear coat spray paint?

Calvin,
For not being a jeweler you sure did an exceptional piece of work, beautiful............................
Congratulations on the 29 yrs and each and every one to come.
May the God of good fortune be with you, at the show and in life.

Wade

That is great Calvin.. My wife and I sure enjoyed visiting with y'all today at Blaade.

Ken H

"how about clear coat spray paint?"

I would think that would last over fingernail polish. If she will always wear it against cloth I would think it is fine the way it is. Hopefully she is proudly wearing at the blade show?

Back