24" wheel grinder......well maybe

Well, I guess now you'll be making bowies with a 1/2" x 6" x 4Ft. blade, huh? A 4 1/2" long handle is gonna look kind of puny on that. :15::confused2::25::s12138::oops:

On second thought, an axe handle might work.

Video!!!

Here's Bruce and his big machine:
[video=youtube;Wfqfhw2wnhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfqfhw2wnhc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here's Bruce's first blade ground on the big wheel:

IMG_9219_zps5af0e392.jpg

Last edited:
that video made me laugh...
I wish i had one of those now..

Cool Vid!
I see you are starting to develop that personal hollow grinders tool rest as well! :big grin: You need to fatten up a bit more and you could then push the knife into the IFV grinding wheel with your belly! LOL :9:

Well, its true that TV adds 20 pounds. Hey this is my first ever video, next time I'm going to get a hair cut and beard trim.

Well, its true that TV adds 20 pounds. Hey this is my first ever video, next time I'm going to get a hair cut and beard trim.

You do have a great quality Cabela's shirt on there. I have the same with my rhino logo over the pocket. lol

The trim & cut would be fine but don't go too Hollywood on us! lol

Bruce I can't wait to see more videos. Your WIPs are legendary and Videos to go with them would be awesome. You are THE MAN.!!!

wow Bruce looking good. it sounds like you have it all balanced and running true. regrettably you know this means that you have to get back to work and quit goofing off building tools. :sad:

As for cleaning up for the video, I'd stay like you are. you kind of have the nutty professor look down pat.

Erik

Thaanks guys, I've been kind of a hermit lately and been watching too much Duck Dynasty too. Also inventing a small wheel grinder that will do integrels, a new small vertical forge that gets better mileage and some new Damascus patterns. Nutty professor is a fitting name :)

I"m sure glad to hear that it's TV that adds 20 pounds - I was afraid that it was cheeseburgers. :biggrin:

Thaanks guys, I've been kind of a hermit lately and been watching too much Duck Dynasty too. Also inventing a small wheel grinder that will do integrels, a new small vertical forge that gets better mileage and some new Damascus patterns. Nutty professor is a fitting name :)

A small wheel grinder to do intregals? Oh please do tell?

A small wheel grinder to do intregals? Oh please do tell?

Yep but I,m not ready to show it just yet as I,m not sure it will work. I can tell you it will fit an inexpensive pre existing power unit and will be a really useful, universal tool for the knife shop.

Back