2022 Knife in the Hat, Well it's getting to be that time of year

All of that being said, @Dennis Morland looks like you got screwed this year. You are stuck with mine. I have really been wanting to make a cannister damascus with all of my layered damascus cutoffs. I think it should give an interesting pattern. Are you OK with that? Are you in need of any particular breed of knife currently?
Chris - Just let it rip tater chip. I'm good with whatever comes my way.

Is the list out? I haven’t seen it.
FD Kingery posted this: I think we should give everyone until 11/12 until we post the names. I am thinking we keep it simple and everyone makes for the name below theirs and the last on the list makes for the first. If anyone has a different / better suggestion let's hear them. Also should we start individual posts per build or start a 2022 Winter KITH thread and everyone can post progress photos in the same place?

I was really just yanking De-Mo's chain though, so if we go a different way I am OK there too.

@FD Kingery I really did not think about it until just now but maybe you should edit the title of this thread to Knife In The Hat or something similiar in case people are just skipping around based on tittles? That way everyone has an opportunity to skip on purpose?

Dang it! I was about to throw my name in and a client just emailed and placed a big order. They haven't fully confirmed yet so maybe.

Last edited:
Here's our 2022 KITH list of makers. Each will make for the name below theirs and the last on the list will make for the first. Everyone should plan on having their knife completed by January 30th. If life gets in the way, please let us know I am sure something can be worked out. This is an open design, make what you want, stretch your talents or make what you are comfortable with kind of KITH, just do your best and show your work so others can follow and learn. There are 2 names that have expressed interest but have not confirmed please let us know if you will be participating.
FD Kingery
Gene Kimmi
MT Bob
opaul
Chris Railey
Dennis Morland
Owl
Buhlmann
Ken H
chrisstaniar

If I have missed someone, please let me know. All right, here we go,

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this!
Chris - looks like you are stuck with one of my knives.
Shoot man, I am grateful The last one you made me is still my camping knife. In fact, this weekend is our annual (past 24 years) bear hunting trip. It will be on my side again.

Actually, I am able to participate. I backed out of the client order, timeline for 24 knives wasn't realistic. So, if not too late count me in!

I'll throw caution to the wind, take a another plunge, question my sanity and say .... What The Hell Let's Do This, I'm In!
Who could turn down exchanging knives with such an exemplary group of craftsmen.
But, I'm awaiting delivery of a new Paragon HT furnace, traveling in December, so my knife will likely be complete in January.

Chris - With your skills I'm sure everybody would LOVE to have your entry. With the Jan 30th ship day there's still plenty of time. I'll allow FD who started the thread have final say.

Back