2021 KITH???

He should have communicated to you that he was having trouble but just to not say anything is inexcusable. Whoever the guy is should be banned from participating in future KITHs. That’s no better than being a thief in my book.
I agree. Just a simple message explaining what happened. However, I am hoping we get it going this year. Even if there's just a few of us. I have started making plans for what I'll build!!

It's a great way to learn. Making one for free or for money is nothing compared to making one for a peer!!
That's no kidding. My first was RANDY LUCIUS .!!! Think I wasn't sweating bullets. But he Was (is) most supportive of my humble efforts.
All I'm sayin' is get in it to learn ... that's mainly what it is for. You will learn a lot, and prolly make a new friend or two.

That's no kidding. My first was RANDY LUCIUS .!!! Think I wasn't sweating bullets. But he Was (is) most supportive of my humble efforts.
All I'm sayin' is get in it to learn ... that's mainly what it is for. You will learn a lot, and prolly make a new friend or two.
I’ve done three KITH here and have made three great friends. That’s the really nice part of participating.

Last edited:
Gene had to wait quite a while for his from me...Ended up very ill for a long time. His patience and the beautiful big Bowie knife he made me spurred me on....and he finally got it.

I will still have to bow out as I still owe people knives (haven't taken money but did make promises I couldn't keep) So, next year for me...hopefully!
That’s a totally different situation than just bailing and very understandable. Take care of your health and don’t push it. Knives can wait.

I’ll play.

I will admit I like the ones where you make a certain style, ie; Bowie or fillet knife. I like the challenge. That said I’m down for whatever.

I’ve never been “stiffed”, but I did build a knife once and not get to trade it. Never did make contact with that guy. I know he started it because he did a WIP. I think something actually happened to him.

Combing the last 2 statements maybe the requirements should be to do a WIP thread, and then at a specified date whoever has completed their builds can swap, and if any one hadn’t they could make arrangements with other participants to possibly swap at a later date.

Last edited:
I will admit I like the ones where you make a certain style, ie; Bowie or fillet knife. I like the challenge. That said I’m down for whatever.
Here's an idea I've had for a KITH. Everyone gets paired up at the beginning and each pair comes up with a design for a knife and builds it. I feel this would be beneficial to newer makers because you would get to see how someone else builds the exact same knife. Such as differences in grinding, height, TBE, blade finishing. And the differences in handle work, scale thickness, contouring and finishing.

Here's an idea I've had for a KITH. Everyone gets paired up at the beginning and each pair comes up with a design for a knife and builds it. I feel this would be beneficial to newer makers because you would get to see how someone else builds the exact same knife. Such as differences in grinding, height, TBE, blade finishing. And the differences in handle work, scale thickness, contouring and finishing.
That would be so far out of my comfort zone!! Great idea. I'm game

That's a pretty neat idea.

I like this idea, also, I know it is still random drawing but will take Mister Coffee to get him to participate.

Back