2019 Christmas Gift Exchange

The package I shipped left the Fairhope PO on Friday and is in the destination city today, so the person should receive it tomorrow.

When you've lived in some other countries and dealt with their postal service you'll really appreciate what a GREAT Post Office system we've got in this country. With a tracking number (even on first class package) you're able to follow the package across country. Yep, sometimes a package does get routed oddly, but 99.99% of the time it gets to proper destination as it should, and it good condition.

I have to say I'm 99% happy with USPS. They do a pretty great job in North America. Now... when it goes overseas it can get dicey. I had two knives that I sent to Korea. They ended up in Brazil for about a month. They eventually did make it to Korea but USPS' attitude is that once they put it on a commercial plane to leave CONUS they wash their hands and hope for the best.

UPS has been great for shipping overseas, but they will stick it to you going to Canada. Going to Canada is USPS all day.

The package I shipped left the Fairhope PO on Friday and is in the destination city today, so the person should receive it tomorrow.

When you've lived in some other countries and dealt with their postal service you'll really appreciate what a GREAT Post Office system we've got in this country. With a tracking number (even on first class package) you're able to follow the package across country. Yep, sometimes a package does get routed oddly, but 99.99% of the time it gets to proper destination as it should, and it good condition.
You’re right Ken. We badmouth the Post Office and we really shouldn’t. 98% goes smoothly and I complain about the 2%. Sometimes we do that in our own lives. Ignoring how truly blessed we are. My family is heathy, well fed and warm. We are blessed beyond measure.

John, you're right when a package leaves the USA the Post Office loses all control and responsibility for the package. AND this is as it should be since they are no longer the carrier. UPS on the other hand should have responsibility since the package is on UPS carrier all the way.

Randy, folks in USA just have no clue how good we've got it here. I read a line in a novel many years ago saying something along the lines of "The USA is the only place in the world where the poor folks get in their own car and drive to the protest rally about being poor'.

I just submitted my order. Amazon should have it delivered by Wednesday of next week.

Nothing like a little procrastination for the holidays! Mine was just shipped out today. Good news is that it has a expected delivery date of 12/23 :) Merry Christmas all!

Back