2019 Christmas Gift Exchange

Dennis Morland

KNIFE MAKER
Hey All:

I stole most of this information from last year. Jess Hoffman posted it up. I sent him a pm and did not hear back. So, I am going to post this up to see if anyone has an inkling to do a Christmas Exchange this year?

Time for the Knife Dogs Christmas Exchange. Most of you know what this is about. A gift exchange between knife makers of all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you are a new maker or Mastersmith.

The gift should be in the area of $25. Suggestions for gifts are handle materials, handle hardware, specialty tools, known steel, etc. You know, the cool stuff we all use.

Do a little research on your recipient before you choose a gift. Don't send 2x72 belts to a guy that has a 2x48 grinder, don't send folder pivots to a guy that only makes fixed blades.

To enter, all you have to do is make a post in this thread, saying you are in, and send me an private message with your Name, forum name and address. We do restrict this to members within the United States.

***IMPORTANT DATES***
December 10, 2019 --Entry Deadline
December 12, 2019-- You will receive your recipients name by this date.
December 17, 2019--You must ship your gift by this date.

Things to keep in mind:
-Think Toys, not Socks (Thank you Bruce Bump!)
-Don't use this as a way to clean out your junk drawer
-Include a little note to your recipient telling them about the item/items you sent, about yourself, or spreading some Christmas cheer.
-This is a great way to make new friends and get to know each other a little bit better.
-Open to any Knife Dogs members.

If I missed anything, or you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Members that have joined:

1. Dennis Morland
2. Randy Lucius
3. opaul
4. Sean Jones
5. KenH
6. Bruce McLeish
7. Gene Kimmi
8. Retroguy
9. Jesse Latham
10. J. Hoffman
11. Gliden07
12. Owl
13. John Wilson
14. Chris Railey
15. Fred's Edge
16. Kev
17. soundmind
18. franklin
19. J. Franks
20. Kevin Zito
21. bladegrinder - Steve Miller
22. Jeremy Bartlett

Last Edited: December 5, 2019

Last edited:
I'm in!. Sorry I missed your message. I was just coming to the forum to post the exchange because I forgot all about it. You are more than welcome to take it over, but if you want me to do it I will. The time just got away from me this year. I'm also happy to help you with it if needed.

Back