2017 KD Members Choice Awards - BEST NEW BUILDER

Best New Builder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Post your nominations here. The nominee should have less than 2 years experience knifemaking. Please include a picture of the makers work

There are three names that come to mind for this category that has come to my attention. All three of them are quite enthusiastic and passionate about knife making, are hungry to learn and quite motivated and all three were quite prolific in making knives. These three are (in no particular order):
  • Gliden07 with his Hunter;
View attachment 61998
  • Kevin Zito with his Ebony Skinner;
View attachment 62352
  • opaul with his Birdseye Hunter.
1Ec4YXr.jpg

If you have information that will disqualify other contestants, who should you email... asking for a friend hahahaha ?doping?

There are three names that come to mind for this category that has come to my attention. All three of them are quite enthusiastic and passionate about knife making, are hungry to learn and quite motivated and all three were quite prolific in making knives. These three are (in no particular order):
  • Gliden07 with his Hunter;
View attachment 61998
  • Kevin Zito with his Ebony Skinner;
View attachment 62352
  • opaul with his Birdseye Hunter.
1Ec4YXr.jpg
I feel very honored to be nominated. Thank you very much!

Congrats, OP!!! You deserve the honor no doubt. As do you, 07! You guys share the great qualities that make the site what it is. There must be something special about making a darn knife. Seems to attract the coolest people.

When I was acting smart in my earlier post, I forgot to mention, this was the most difficult voting category this year for me. All three (opaul, gliden and Kevin) of you are relatively new builders that were bitten by the knife bug. All of you have shown great promise with your first attempts and later improvement with your second, third, fourth, etc. You all are gaining knowledge and skills necessary to build better and better knives. And it shows in the finished product. I hope you all continue to progress and I'm looking forward to seeing what you got for 2018...

Back