2013 March of Dimes Fundraising project.The Mastersmith's Project!!!

John M Cohea

Hello All!

This time of year has finally arrived, and we believe it is worth the wait!

I now present to you the 6th and final March of Dimes Benefit Collaboration: The Mastersmiths Project.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

For those who have followed us since 2007, this will be the last of these projects, as myself and my daughter Layla Taylor (who originally inspired and has orchestrated much of this) is becoming a busy young woman and is about to be starting college soon.

So we decide to close things out with a project which would get a standing ovation, and was two years in the making!

With the exception of Layla, myself, and Coop, every participant involved is a well known and respected ABS Mastersmith. Each one excels in the particular task in which they brought to the effort:

• Terry Vandeventer forged and finished the mosaic Damascus blade.
  • John White took care of the handle and fittings, done in his familiar take down style.
  • Don Hanson was generous in donating the beautiful piece of white walrus ivory from which the handle was fashioned, and NO ONE picks better handle materials.
  • Tim Hancock made the fantastic leather covered throat and tip sheath.
  • Steve Dunn then dressed it up even further with his very exquisite scroll engraving.
  • Bill Buxton completes the incredible package with a form fitted curly maple display case, which elevates the project to heirloom and museum prestige!

Finally, Jim Cooper gives us a look through his camera magic at how spectacular this entire package really is, as is seen in these images.

Layla and I would like to thank each of these talented gentlemen, as well as those that participated in past projects, for making these efforts such a huge success. :)

The drawing for this package will be on April 12th, 2013 with the winner announced later that afternoon.

The tickets will be the same as they have been in previous years: $15 dollars each or 10 for $100 dollars, with no cap on tickets sold or purchased.

As in the past PayPal will not allow us to use their services for the ‘raffle’, but if anyone would like to contribute to this effort using PayPal, we are selling March of Dimes t-shirts for 15.00 dollars, OR special neck knives for the cost of 100.00 dollars, and all funds collected will go to the March of Dimes. <wink> ;)

Better yet: To purchase tickets for this very special package, please send a check or money order, made payable to me, to the address as follows:

John M Cohea
114 Rogers Dr,
Nettleton, MS 38858

As most of you know, the reason for making payments out to me is to double our contribution. I put the money into my account, make out a check to the March of Dimes for the full amount collected, and then submit a matching donation request to my employer, who then will match the funds collected.

Please have all funds in to me by 12 noon on the 12th of April, and keep your fingers crossed. It could be you!!

This package will also be displayed at the Arkansas Custom Knifemaker’s Show this weekend in Little Rock, and will be on the tables of Terry Vandeventer, John White, and Bill Buxton during the show.

So be sure to stop by and have a look, and purchase your chance at owning this fantastic package!!

On behalf of everyone involved, Layla and I would like to say thank you for your interest and support!

Sincerely,

John M. Cohea

Back