2013 KITH Knife Received

Wade Hougham

I am happy for the 2nd year in a row. Received my knife from Dan Pierson on Saturday. Let me tell you that not only are the zombies running scared but so are the gators. This is a large knife but feels great in the hand, very light and fast. I really like the blade design and the grip is comfy. I usually have problems with bends in the blade, on a blade of this size, post quench but Dan nailed this one. Dan asked me for a critique on the knife and after studying it for a couple of days I am pleased to say there isn't a thing I find that I don't like. Great work Dan!!!

Come on KITHER'S let's see your knives.

Wade

Attachments

• KITH KNIFE 023.jpg
    KITH KNIFE 023.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 48
  • KITH KNIFE 024.jpg
    KITH KNIFE 024.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 52
  • KITH KNIFE 025.jpg
    KITH KNIFE 025.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 43
  • KITH KNIFE 026.jpg
    KITH KNIFE 026.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 36
Adding to the thread...

Mine just arrived via Insured USPS. Very nice sheath, tightly fitting with copper rivets. Handle is very comfortable in the hand. The blade is extremely sharp and the knife has great balance for Zombie chopping. I am most honored to add this to my collection.

Thank you Messerist and Gunnar.

rps20130612_180714_746.jpg

I'm glad it arrived ok. I had all sorts of aggravations sharpening this knife. It just didnt seem to wanna get sharp. I need to invest in a belt grinder one day.

George,
I was the recipient of Troy's knife last year and I am still showing it off. Great score.:35:

Troy, You do need to get yourself a belt grinder so you can speed up you fantastic creations. :biggrin:

Wade

I found my knife from Stormcrow last night. Yes, found. The mailman put it in the front door. Who in
New England ever uses that door :confused2: ?

It's a great cleaver, I love it :biggrin: The zombies are running in terror!

P6133408.jpg
P6133410.jpg

Troy,

You may have had problems sharping it but, it is scarey sharp. Shaves hair off my arm with no problems. Far sharper than I currently deliver my knives. As to a grinder, they make work a lot easier. While in NC I used a TW-90 in the class I took. I'm in love and feel that tho pricey, I have to have one of these.

Wade,

I agree a Great Score. Those that have seen it have all had good things to say including "How much for it", my answer is; it's part of my private collection and not for sale!

George

George. Gunnar received your knife today but he is at a birthday party/sleep over so I will post some pictures tomorrow. He will be thrilled! Thanks again.

Back from the sleep over and one happy camper! Thanks a million Mr Brackett! He shortly after these photos laid down and was out like a light. Must have been one heck of a sleep over. I keep forgetting he is only 11! George also sent a "cord" of wood for handles and some antler. Gunnar is already working on his next idea!

Ashland & Knives 166.JPG
Ashland & Knives 167.JPG

Last edited:
I'm glade he got it so quickly. I hope the few pieces of handle material will fuel he desire to make knives. He is very talented for such a young man. Thank you for feeding his talent, I'm sure one day he will be a great knifemaker.

Regards,

George

"Who"s Mr. Brackett?" LOL

The Postman delivered a box today. What a beast. Of course I was short of Zombies so I decided to see what this baby would do to some buckthorn. The tree never knew what hit it. James did a bang-up job! Thanks
James' Kith 001.jpg

James' Kith 003.jpg

Back