1st Mini Knife attempt

Hello Everyone,
My wife and I were tilling up the garden for the kids at church and pulled a piece of rebar out of the dirt with the tiller. Needless to say the tilling was over for the time because the rebar removed the tiller blades. The next day I was looking at the rebar and wondered if I could make a mini knife out of a piece of it. Although I have made tons of knives this is the first time I have made a mini, and thought I would share it will you all. If you’ve read my post on the introduction forum, I am still working on the 6 new knives and will have them done soon. (in full size scale)

100_0336.jpg 100_0337.jpg DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0007.jpg

Another work of art. Hard enough to make a normal size knife, let alone something that small !:biggrin:

Thank you, you are right it is hard to make somthing this small, had to trade in the grizzly for small hand files for this one. I spent more time looking for the knife on the table than I did working on it.:s11779: I am currently working on one smaller than this one in my spare time, it's made of damascus with maple burl scales.

If you keep on making knives like that...large or small...and my wife sees them, I will probably get told to put my tools down and look for another hobby.

Thank you guys, I had a chance to check all your guys' knives except Macflys – didn’t see a website or photo gallery for ya, as for the rest; you all are true masters! Dwayne, I loved the video and the rifle handled knives they’re great definitely artistic and creative. Calvin, hope you get your turkey next week! Lagrange, I saw your knife photos – no worries of your wife telling you to find a new hobby because you do beautiful work. NP- true art, I enjoyed looking at all your knives. Rhino-Beautiful knives, not only do you have great knives but your site made me hungry so I ran to the kitchen to see if I had any roast and bread.

Back