1095 Hunter with Koa

Self Made Knives

Here's my latest, just finished sharpening this morning.
1095 RC 59/60
9" OAL
Curly Hawaiian Koa stabilized with Cactus Juice and Tru-Oil Gunstock Finish
SS Corby's
8-9oz leather (only my 4th leather sheath, but not too bad)

SAM_2351.jpg SAM_2376.jpg SAM_2381.jpg SAM_2384.jpg

Thanks guys. Justin, you know we were talking the other day about not taking orders? This was one I just made without anybody waiting on it, that was nice. But, instead of feeling pressured to finish it for a waiting customer, you get to wonder if it will sell. Fortunately, I had a buyer on this one within an hour of posting it. Whew!

Nice one, Anthony. A really "user". How did you find the Cactus Juice? I got some recently, but haven't got around to trying it.

I'm probably not qualified to have an opinion on Cactus Juice! Like I mentioned the other day in another thread, I've never had any "professionally" stabilized wood, so I don't have a comparison. That being said, it seemed fine, sanded very smooth and was very easy to finish. I wish I could see a side by side comparison on a set of scales cut from same block.

I had shot some video of this knife and sheath to use in advertising it, but it sold before I every got it posted. So, thought I'd go ahead and share it, it shows the curl action in the Koa better than still pics. I kind of wonder is video could be just as effective in selling a knife as a still pic. Or, maybe at least, help.
[video]https://youtu.be/KeAhuHhJAPg[/video]

Back