1095 hamon with some hhh burl

franklin

this one is going to be the design i am going to make my own edc after, i like this that much just want to tweak a few things.
any comments welcome.
blade 4 1/4
1095 1/8 thick
oal 8 1/2
i need a light box these pics are horrible this knife looks so much better in hand and i can not get the hamon to show well
at all :(

Attachments

• 100_3454.jpg
    100_3454.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_3456.jpg
    100_3456.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The pics might not be all that great, but I think that's a great design; the kind of knife my fingers would like to wrap around and do some work.

Very nice work Franklin! I like the blade style and the handle looks very comfortable!
Are you planning to attend the hammerin in August?

I agree with all of the above. Very comfy, useful looking design. The burl is beautyful but, and remember to each his own, I really don't like the huge screws/bolts. They would be fine with synthetic scales but, to me, they are a distraction from the burl and your work, which I really like. Wade

Last edited:
Drape a large dark towel over 2 chairs to block out most of the light and use a flash . The hamon will pick up that light and stand out a lot better . Nice looking blade . You may have to take several pics to get the right one . Or you can make a little shadow box , which is basically the same ......

thanks for the advise babba-san i will try that.
wade thanks for the input i think my one down fall is even if i think something might not look right i still gotta try it,think its a disease:(
that i am still working on lol. well now i now think that ones staying with me anyway! (thanks ausbrook !!!!!

Franklin,
Believe me, I agree with you, the only way to find out what works is to experiment and just to do it. I am by no means an expert on any subject but I have learned alot by reading what others have said about my work, good or bad. And as I have said before "you can't please all of the people all of the time". Thank God that we are not all the same.
You are putting some really nice knives out there. Keep it up. :thumbup: Wade

Thanks wade, i agree yours and others comments help a lot. to bad i did not now you when i lived in Orlando or hollywood fl. i would of stoped buy.

Back