Very doubtful you will find it in that size. As far as I know, the sole source for 1084 is the New Jersey Steel Baron..... and he has had it made to order from Germany since the U.S. supply was exhausted. All the U.S. mills that produced it shut down over a decade ago.

I suspect you're only avenue would be to purchase what you can get and forge, or have it forged down to that thickness.

Alpha Knife Supply has 1084. But the thinnest they have on their website is .100. You might call them and see if they have anything thinner.

New Jersey Steel Baron has it down to .070" thickness now. Looks like it's in stock too.
GOOD ONE! I made an assumption that he'd already checked NJSB.... my bad!

Also, to whomever is looking for/buying steel.... when dealing with NJSB steel.... if you need the EXACT thickness listed, check first. In my experience, their steel is ALWAYS oversized beyond stated.... meaning it is thicker and wider then stated. My usual order is for 1/4" (.250) thick, and the steel is ALWAYS at least .262" or thicker. Ordered widths are usually 1/16-1/8" wider then stated. I consider that "value added", but if a person is seeking exact sizes, just be aware.

It also bears mentioning..... check sources/prices. I would bet the farm that outfits such as AKS buys from NJSB, and then tack on a percentage, then retails the steel.

Back