1084 With Hamon Completed

opaul

This is the best picture I could get while it was still light outside. The scales have a red liner but I couldn't get a good picture of that. But here is the finished knife with bias cut micarta. 7-1/2" OAL with a 3-3/8" blade, nickel pins and lanyard tube.

I understand completely i just did two kitchen knives and now im taking a break to make some smaller fixed blades before i make another two kitchen knives

Nice job, I zoomed in and man I really like that micarta where did you get it?
Thanks Justin. I actually got it on this forum from the classifieds. I'm tying to remember who I got it from! It's nice stuff. I got two sets.
I got it from Mike Miller, forum member.

Geez, OP, bowies, hamons, bowies with hamons, regular knives with hamons... Could I be your apprentice? These are really eye-candy!

Geez, OP, bowies, hamons, bowies with hamons, regular knives with hamons... Could I be your apprentice? These are really eye-candy!
HA! I appreciate it, but you wouldn't want to do that. I have way to many bad habits and a long learning curve before I could really offer sound advise to anyone :)

Nice job Paul. Because of your hamons I purchased some 1075 to give it a try myself. I have one blade profiled but don’t have the bevels ground yet. Probably work on it this weekend.

Three very nice knives there OP. The hamon is outstanding. I use a bit of 1075 for my bowies but have not tried the hamon distraction yet but you have set a high bar to follow

Back