100-%-er

I was added to this group on FB, but I don't feel I meet the requirements. When I use Micarta and G10 I buy it instead of making it. I also use pre-made corby and loveless screws. I just feel that making my own screws and micarta is a misuse of my time.

It is also called sole authorship. It's a maker who not only makes a knife, but also makes all the parts of the knife. Handle material, screws, bolts etc all is made in house. To me it's the highest level of the art, but not always practical. My hat is off to those that do it.

It is also called sole authorship. It's a maker who not only makes a knife, but also makes all the parts of the knife. Handle material, screws, bolts etc all is made in house. To me it's the highest level of the art, but not always practical. My hat is off to those that do it.
Interesting Jess, thanks

I saw you mentioned something about it on FB, what is it?
This is a group formed by Tony Baker and Austin Moody. The purpose is to distinguish us who make our knives one at a time by ourselves in our own shop. We make all our own parts and do our own heat treating. To get in the group you must be recommend by an existing member. There are currently videos on YouTube with Bill Luckett and Tom Overeynder explaining the concept. There will eventually be videos of all members, soon a website will be up and for now there is a Facebook page. Check it out to learn more.

It is also called sole authorship. It's a maker who not only makes a knife, but also makes all the parts of the knife. Handle material, screws, bolts etc all is made in house. To me it's the highest level of the art, but not always practical. My hat is off to those that do it.[/QUOTE

Jess,
We don't call it sole authorship, making your own screws or corbys is not a requirement.

Back