What to look for in a Horizontal grinder?

I am going to get a Horizontal grinder for my next big purchase!

I am a stock removal maker that loves to use quality Stainless Steel! I make Culinary Knives

I use the 5" and 2" contact wheels and flat Platen on my Hardcore Grinder, and use my KMG set up as a small wheel grinder for my 1/2" 3/4" and 1 1/2" contact wheels.

I want to get a Horizontal setup to speed things while profiling my blades.
variable speed is a plus and some kind of dust control if possible would be great too!

So! Tell me Fellow knife Dogs! what kind of Horizontal Grinder do you have and what do you like about it and what do you think any short comings are?
And what do you wish you had purchased instead?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys! Go ahead and sound off! :s12205:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives,com/

Hope you ended up finding what you are looking for! When I saw the article title of horizontal grinders I thought you were talking about a very different machine. So you are making custom knives?

Hope you ended up finding what you are looking for! When I saw the article title of horizontal grinders I thought you were talking about a very different machine. So you are making custom knives?

Charles,
Yes! This here at KnifeDogs is a Family G rated show! That's what I was referring too! A 2" X 72" belt Horizontal Knife grinding machine.

Welcome to the pack and enjoy! There are many here with different talents.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Back