Wednesday night giveaway,Starts Tonight

Hey guys I want to(again) thank all of you who participated.I really enjoyed doing this.
James,I hope you enjoy it,but most of all I am hoping it will give you good service.

To be honest,this knife will be the first knife I have made,that will be going to someone I have not met face to face,although I feel like I know most of you guys.I am just as nervous as if I had sold it to James.

I want to say Thanks to Mr.Steve for his purchase,also Thank you for your help an advice.It is those like him and others
that make these things happen.

God bless,Keith

I know the feeling, brother! Don't worry, I'll test it in a reasonable manner and give you honest feedback. Thank you again!

Did I mention yet that I'm grateful and excited about this sweet little skinner? :D

Great googly moogly James!!! Congrats on your win!!!

Are you excited about winning?;)

Jeff

Hey, folks, maybe I wasn't clear enough... great googly moogly, I'm so thankful to win this knife!!

Sorry (not!) for being so giddy. Heh!

There will be another GAW very soon, aimed at beginning knifemakers. Something I've been meaning to do for a while. Thank you Keith, for being a good example to us all. May God bless you and your loved ones!

BTW in case y'all didn't notice, I'm really stoked about winning this knife. :D

*psst* I'm just a tiny bit excited about winning! Heh! :D

Fellas, I got off my butt today and put together a little something as my way of saying "Thank you, KnifeDogs." I hope it will help a new maker get started. Please click here.

To me, that's the perfect skinner design. I like a small sweeping blade. Nice job Keith. 2thumbs

Well boys and girls, I got the knife in the mail today! :)

I will say this, when Mr Willis ships something, he doesn't fool around! He sent it in a well-taped up Priority Mail box and pm'ed me the tracking number so we'd know where it was at. The knife and sheath were separately and securely wrapped, and the blade had a nice light coat of oil on it 2thumbs.

I will play with it a bit tonight and take a couple pics, but for now let's just say this little skinner is NICE! Steve, you're going to be very happy when you get yours. ;)

Thanks for the kind words James.I am glad you got it.Now the nerves really set in.
Hope the knife will be as good as the packaging:D.

God bless,Keith

Last edited:
Well my daughter's camera isn't cooperating :mad: Apparently you're supposed to charge the battery every once in awhile :confused: So pics will have to wait.

I like the high grind and the way the blade tapers smoothly all the way to the tip. That an the nice belly and thin edge make it cut very well. The point is needle-sharp! The sheath is solidly-built and plenty deep.

I didn't have anything laying around to be skinned, so I butterflied a couple thin round steaks instead. Cuts good, no need to saw back and forth. I took the steaks an sliced em into as narrow a strips as I could, about 1/8". This is harder than it sounds if the knife doesn't cut well. This little baby was no problem. Sliced up some thin paper (phone-book page, actually) again, no problem. Still shaves hair off my leg.

I will keep using this in the kitchen and around the house. I think I'll skip the wood-chopping tests etc, don't think that what this little slicer was meant for :)

I like the corian handle a lot too, this is the first time I've used one.

The maker's mark is really clear and looks great. Is that stamped or etched?

All in all I can say don't hesitate to talk to Keith if you're looking for a knife. Thank you sir!

Thanks again James,for the kind words.Yes the point is sharp,I have given a few of these away to family and friends,most of them will come back within a month saying the point broke.I tell them it is not a screwdriver,or a prybar.
The mark is etched,I would really like to learn to get it darker,I am sure it is something I am doing wrong.I'll get it one day

God bless,Keith

I agree about the "not-a-screwdriver" thing. This blade design is for delicate cuts, it's not a combat knife.

I don't know very much about etching. In the back of my brain I seem to remember reading something about using different voltage or current to get it deep, then dark.

It's SK5 steel, right? IIRC correctly that's high-carbon and should take a blue nicely. With your permission I'll blue the mark, polish the blue off the surface of the blade and see if that works. I think it should.

By all means James,it is your knife,and if it works I'll know what to do with the others.
Let us know.

God bless,Keith

Yeah you need to use dc current to etch and ac to darken,
The longer you can hold/dab your dc before you burn your stencil the deeper the etch will be.

Congrats on the win James
Thanks again Keith

Back