The SNEKG Hammer-In at Indian George's

I just bought some 3' X 1 3/4" X 3/16" O-1 for $30.00!!! Wadda Bargain!!! So all you guy's give Lord Aldo a call and support him in his endeavor!!!

Here's Nathan who just arrived:

017-1.jpg

Clancy made it too!!!

018-1.jpg

Okay,

Here is a shot of the press:

020-1.jpg

Here is ShawnFu at the press:

021-1.jpg

Indian George and Gary Rua:

022-1.jpg

Stabber and Joe Brum:

023-2.jpg

Nathan Again:

017-1.jpg

Wow Jeff , Looks like you're having fun ! I hope I see some of these Guys at the Mystic show . Say Hey for me would you ? Thanks , Bill

Hello all,

Dan Pierson and his wife sporting forge safety equipment.

024-2.jpg

Here's a couple shots of your authors ugly carcass in his feeble attempt pressing cable damascus!!! See what retirement does to you!!!

025-2.jpg

027-1.jpg

Howdy folk's, battery is about dead...The camera's and mine!

Here's Paul Sabin's son hammerin' away!

030-1.jpg

This forge was a real torcher!!!

029-1.jpg

Alright folk's, not really much for demo's, but there was a lot of opportunities to learn and put what was learned to practical use. The day mostly revolved around the forges and creating cable damascus. I'll let George tell you about the door prizes and who won. I'll let you know real quick that it wasn't my grinder after all:(:( Wadda let down...Back to full time filing I guess!!!:D:D:D

Hey Jeff, thanks for patching me up.

We won't say who is now more aware that sheaths are supposed to prevent the knife from
going clear through the end, but it is a really nice, pointy damascus blade someone made...

Last edited:
I wanted to check you all out today but I am really under presure to get 11 grinders ready by next Thursday and then I'll be headin' that way.

You all havin' fun yet?

I made it home by 10pm. . . A long day.

I saw some mustard Damascus for the first time.

Lots of good food. Picked up some 1084 to play with.

Ernie

I had a blast!!!!2thumbs I like to thank all the Attendee's for their participation. Didn't have that much food leftover, which is really cool. :cool:
It's only understandable if you look a size of the Bubba's that attended. ;)
The door prizes (if I remember correctly:confused:)
Lil Mikey from the Cape= grinder
Tom B.= whale's rib bone
Don D.= NWG plan's
Stu M.= stabilized hand materials
Paul S.= ladder pattern damascus
BBBB Beaver= 1084

Last edited:
I made it home by 10pm. . . A long day.

I saw some mustard Damascus for the first time.

Lots of good food. Picked up some 1084 to play with.

Ernie

How about my smoked salsa??????;) The etching of my Lady is so sweet. We will have to talk about a small size to put on the blade that has her ashes in it.
Checkout this link.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40n2UWNmSPA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Cannister forging @ Indian Georges[/nomedia]

Last edited:
Hey Jeff, thanks for a great thread. Man that looks like fun. I really got to get over to IG's for one of these. Kevin

Hey Jeff, thanks for a great thread. Man that looks like fun. I really got to get over to IG's for one of these. Kevin

Thanks Kevin, if you go, I can guarantee it will be hard to sit down!!! Four forges going at once, cable everywhere, dodging hot pokers, the smell of burnt hair, including my own, aaaaaahhhhhh heaven.

Jeff

This guy Crashed IG's HI and was tryin to peddle steel???huh1
Picture272.jpg

I couldn't pound steel at all with my Elbow flared up bad but Managed to work the Press fine. Me and Stabber Jr ground it down for a weld Repair. IG came out of his Coma:p and Welded it up.

Picture280-1.jpg

Picture276.jpg

IG showed Jr how to weld. Now Jr wants me to buy a welder:p

Picture282.jpg

Jr welding up a lolipop of 15n20 + Aldo's 10842thumbs

Picture293.jpg

Press. press, Press!!:bud:

Picture283.jpg

Picture269.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Picture290.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Had a great time. Jeff thanks for the documentation, the pics are fantastic.

The food was awesome, and the raffle prizes were the tops, where else can you get into the running for a grinder for only $20 and only 30 or so names in the hat, very cool 2thumbs

Dan, sorry, should have told you about the "temporary"cover for the knife, but you're right the damascus pattern is neat :D

Wa..Wa..Wally, coma :confused: get outta here, not IG, that's impossible, wheelchair :haha: eeerrr, well maybe.:rolleyes:

Well, seems that you all had so much fun I am realllllly looking forward to May 15th.
Will we have as much fun then?

Going to need a new camera man, because I won't be able to get up there this time:(:(:(

Jeff

Back