Stocking stuffer for our Marine

Justin King

Just finished up this Tasker model for my stepson (1st Radio Batt., USMC) this week. He already has one of my heavy field knives but said he needs something smaller to use in the shop and for technical work. Santa is headed out a little early this year (he's usually late when delivering one of my knives:les:)

3-1/4" blade
7-1/2" overall
5/32" cpm3v
OD green "camo" scales
400 grit hand-rubbed and extra fine bead blast finish
Assembled with flared SS tube, West Systems G-flex epoxy, and only one or two swear words said during the mount-up (had epoxy on before I remembered to counter-sink the pin holes again!)
OD green Kydex with my own pre-tensioned "bueno clip" and a small Molle on the side

tasker3v 017 (2).jpgTasker3v 011 (2).jpg)

Last edited:
Nice package Justin.
I like the idea of finger protection at the blade/handle. Did you make the clip or order it ? I've been looking or thinking of bending one up that covers more territory on a sheath (more attachment options) so you don't have to load up the sheath with eyelets.

Rudy

Thanks, Rudy. I make the clip myself. After some practice it isn't too hard but can be kind of time consuming unless you make them several at a time. Slotting out the mounting holes makes it pretty much universal, this one can be mounted for inside the waistband/boot/clipped pocket carry, regular belt carry, horizontal belt carry, or carried either vertically or horizontally on a harness/pack strap, etc...
The clip works really well for casual or concealed/low profile carry and the feedback I have recieved on it has been very positive, but for duty carry or critical situations I feel that a rigid/closed attachment is more appropriate, hence the Molle.

That's great work, Justin, looks like the perfect EDC. Please thank your stepson for his service and tell him an old Jarhead says Semper Fi.

Real nice piece there Justin . Thank your stepson for his Service for me as well please .

Back