old 1095(start of my kith knife)

don't worry about it. It had too much manganese. It wouldn't have been optimal for a hamon. That also may have contributed to it breaking, too. Just get some w2 or low manganese 1075. If you are strapped, I will send you three feet of one or the other. I have 1.25" x .25" x 48" bars of both. Or, I have a bunch of w2 cutoffs, each between 8" and 12" long. Most are the 1.25x.25, some are 1.4 x 3/8" (sword stock).

looking forward to it. I will start a thread in a couple of days to keep you company. I am making a long, thin bowie from low manganese 1075.
kc

Well guys heres #2 we will see were she goes from here. Hope you guys like this one even better!!!!

Attachments

• 100_3459.jpg
    100_3459.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_3461.jpg
    100_3461.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20
good start, part 2. What are you going to do for handle, bolster, etc.? I am a sucker for copper, plus I have been using an old pipe for months. The pipe makes washers, and the thicker fittings on it make bolsters. Anyway, that would look good with mild steel or copper or just about anything as a bolster and then wood scales. that's just the way I do them, though. In fact, I have a knife a lot like that sitting on my bench right now. I need to polish and fit it out.

cool.
kc

??????????????? my little brain has not gone that far yet, great suggestions i might dig up some copper never used before,or done bolsters so it would be two firsts. would like to see the one on your bench,i liked this style so much i now have 3 in profile one done.

Back