Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Cubane

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Mark Behnke

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats, Josh.
That win is well deserved, it's a beautiful piece and it will be a great help in the Benefit Fundraiser.

Thanks for your cooperation and thanks to all who voted.
Steve

Congratulations Josh!! BTW have I said Congratulations?? (Nod to Steve's "Memory Joke") They are ALL beautiful knives!!

That was a close one!!

I just wanted to mention how great all of these jobs were. Everyone obviously has their favorites, but that doesn't detract from the beauty, craftsmanship, or quality of any of these knives. I would truly be proud to carry and own any of them!

My hat is off to the folks who made this effort for others!

I just wanted to mention how great all of these jobs were. Everyone obviously has their favorites, but that doesn't detract from the beauty, craftsmanship, or quality of any of these knives. I would truly be proud to carry and own any of them!

My hat is off to the folks who made this effort for others!

VERY WELL said Rock. Very well said.2thumbs

WOW !

Thanks Guys ! I just got home from a 2 day Micro vacation on the gulf coast.

A close race indeed ! I think last I checked it was Steve, Alistair, and myself all tied at 18 votes each so this was a GREAT surprize to get home to.

Boy I really would've thought we would've got more people to vote ?????

This was a great learning experience for me as I know it was others so thanks to Tracy and David for giving us all the oppertunity to learn together and expand our knifemaking knowledge.

I do believe that the Knifemaker in need fund is a fantastic way to help one another out in trying times so I'm thankful to be a part of getting the ball rolling with this first build-off for our brethren .

Thanks again Tracy, David, and all the other participants.

-Josh

Congrats to you Josh , a beautiful knife indeed !!! Congrats to ALL !! They are all great looking knives !! I know because I have one !
This is the type of event that really separates this forum from everything else out there .​
I really wish more members would share their voices with us though . It sometimes feels like there is only 50 or so members most times . Come on Dogs , be a part of this ..... It really is a fun time....​
Sorry to moan about it .... But it's been on my mind alot......​
Bill​

congrats josh, that is a beautifull knife and i cant wait to have a chance at it. and my hats off to all the makers who made the time and effort to make these great knifes, you are all winners in my book. oh and i can't wait to get home and see my steve janik knife the pictures look great, but i've been out of town for a couple of months for work and haven't seen it yet, i'm sure it's a beauty. and i'm with bill t we need more members involved with this.........thanks guy's

Congratulations Josh! That is without a doubt a gorgeous knife. Thanks Dave & Tracy for allowing me to make one of the knives. Thank you everyone who looked at the knife I made and appreciate my work.

Sorry I missed the vote.
I wasn't aware of a deadline when I posted last week and also hadn't seen all the entries. But like I said, it's a tough call. They're all winners in my book.

Rudy

Congrats Josh! Well deserved win. Wow it was a toss up the whole time too. Very exciting race to the finish.

First things first, congratulations to Josh Dabney!!!!!!!

I intended to do this earlier and failed to my bad! :eek:

However I am a little confused here. Out of the 11 different names involved in this poll. When you visit the thread there are only pictures of knives for one maker, Janik, and I am not for sure if that is the pics of the knife submitted as the pics seem to be of several knives!

Were the knives posted in another thread?

I was invited to view and vote by a maker and when I followed this link but unless I am missing something I don’t see the knives that are being voted on. I can't vote for what I can't see!

My O2 here but I think the knives and the poll out to be separated from all the trash talk. Not that I don't like reading what everyone has to say it just should fall at the bottom. After all the entries and then the poll and then all the comments! :bud:

The first 4 posts in this thread show all the knives in the order they were listed and submitted. Go to the first page and let me know what you see. I just did and they are still there.
Also, as posted, all the knives are pictured in the GLWJCK forum under the "finished pics" thread. which is where I got these to create this post.

Steve Janik

As a reply to your last paragraph, what you ask for is exactly what happened. The poll is first, the pics are second, and the remarks are last.

The software makes the poll come up at the top of every new page which may have confused some.

Steve

OK, just count me as dumber than dumb!huh1
I just went back and looked at the thread again after receiving an email from Steven Janik and I now see what I was looking at was the knives from the different contestants. For some reason both times I looked at it before I ass u me d that the pics were all posted by Steven! I think it was because of Steven's Logo appears at the top of each post of the contestants pics!
Now I know why I have not been doing much work in the shop these days! The wife has been very sick since back in Nov. of last year and I just can't seem to keep my mind straight about what I am doing. So I avoid the shop. I guess I am going to have to avoid posting too! :eek:
I apologize for being so freaking stupid! I guess I am going to have to tote my brain around in one of these. wheelchair

Last edited:
Don't sweat it man. I was more concerned that it wasn't visible to all.
Don't avoid posting, we need all the help we can get, thanks for the heads up.
Steve

excellent job by all. Josh, nice win. Close contest.
I will get you a gift certificate for 100 bucks at your favorite knife makers supply site, as long as it is USAknifemaker.com ..

I'll let Dave know and you have some waterjet work on him also...

Just a little idea. These knives were not built over a weekend so the voting should have lasted longer than a week.I just now found the polling thread for the knives.This probably should have been a sticky.:D and mentioned in the raffle area also.:bud:

Last edited:
Dear Ballknives,
Thanks for your comments. This was a little bit of a learning curve for us and we will take suggestions under advisement for next year, I promise.

The mods discussed the length of the poll and a week was decided upon for the first try.

Also, it was a Sticky while it was open, but I unstuck it after closing.

So far it has been a great success as a fundraiser and I see us doing another, maybe a fixed blade to bring in a new group, next year.

I'm already volunteering to run it, but won't participate again.

thanks,
Steve

Back