Nt kith?

^ Yep, pretty much what he said. I hate to put any requirements on this particular KITH, since that goes against what I consider NT to be. I think the best way to handle it is for everybody involved to make a knife that shows what they consider Neo-Tribal knifemaking to be. http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?17955-N-T This link would be a good read for anybody that hasn't seen it. Read over it and decide just what Neo-tribal means to you, then go make a knife that fits that particular description. Make the best knife you can under those guidlines and I promise the recipient will be a happy camper.

On that note, I suppose it should be said this KITH is not about the knife you recieve. It's about making the best NT knife you possibly can. Whatever you make will be great as long as you put your heart and soul into it.

How about we keep signups open until 5:00 EST on Friday? After that we'll do the drawing and see who'd building for who. Would ya'll like to keep who you're building for a secret?

I would prefere not to know how has my name or how I have. Less pressure. I will do my best with this one, I have already commited to the other KITH on this forum. It is due about the same time.

Keep it a secret. Life happens and some people invariably drop out over time, so it simplifies things if you pick names right before the knives need to be sent out.

Sounds good. If you want in just make sure you've got a knife completed by June 1, and ready to mail the week after. On June 1 we'll have someone draw names and you'll be sent the name and address of the person you will send your knife to.

Oh yeah, just speaking for myself here but it would be great to see some buildalongs (or WIP's or whatever you want to call them) showing your progression and some thoughts on why you're doing things the way you are.

Most of the KITH's are done by folks signing up and agreeing on a finish date.
At that point those that actually finished their knives post that they are in/done and ready to ship.
When the cutoff day ends those in get their names picked for their knives to go to ???
Some that sign up won't be able to finish so you can't count the blades until they're complete.
One of the best KITH's I was in picked the names one by one and put them on the list.
Like so:

John
Paul
Ringer
Ed

Guy above sends to name below and bottom guy sends to name on the top.
John sends to Paul, Paul sends to Ringer, Ringer sends to Ed and Ed sends to John.
Can't put someones name on the list until knife is ready to go. That's where guys get shafted.

Man patrick you slick talker,count me in think i will break out the forge again lol if you all dont mind me getting in on the fun?

Welcome aboard Franklin...

Have we decided on a due date? I've already picked out the handle, now to make a blade.

Edited to add: nevermind, I just saw it... June 1 sounds great.

Let's get people signed up. There's only three months left before the date. No pressure. I've lurked around the NT forum for a good while and love the work shown here. For my knife I believe I will scour the lands to find suitable crafting materials. Shouldn't be too much of a quest.

I've got about 6 different ideas floating around in my head right now. Need to start narrowing my focus, and see if I can come anywhere close to the picture that's in my noggin.

do we need to formally "sign up" or just make a knife and give a roll call June 1?

Obviously, if signing up is required, then please count me in! I have been enjoying trying to come up with a good design. It gets me through boring meetings at work.
kc

Since virtually all my blades are fabricated from sawblades or pounded out from springs this KITH thing works for me. Make it after the end of April and I am in. Have some customers waiting and am still building a new grinder right now.

James, Welcome in. I think the rules are you have to have your entry ready by June first and let it be known that you are ready and you are in. Wade

Hey guys, it was just brought to my attention that the June 1 deadline would be right before the Blade show. There may be some people involved in this KITH that would like to take their works there, so would anyone be opposed to moving the deadline back to June 11th?

Back