**Logo Contest**

I didn't worry you? Hmmm, let me see if I have some free time before the eighth. :D

Great stuff, Brian!

lol I was never really worried, its all in fun. I was just trying to help a guy out.
I dont have much skill or help. I used a marker, some stencils I had, my scanner and ms paint to do mine. I do not have photshop or any other fancy program on my computer!!

Rock and Frstr8 you guys have some excellent designs!!!2thumbs

lol I was never really worried, its all in fun. I was just trying to help a guy out.
I dont have much skill or help. I used a marker, some stencils I had, my scanner and ms paint to do mine. I do not have photshop or any other fancy program on my computer!!

Rock and Frstr8 you guys have some excellent designs!!!2thumbs

Thank you sir. Having the nice programs helps. I never messed with photoshop until BossDog asked for some banner designs. So I am just learning. You are correct it is all in fun to try and get Mello Knives a kewl design that he would be proud to display.

Last edited:
I use Xara Xtreme Pro 5 as the primary design software for almost everything I do. It is very affordable at only $249.00 USD. Its a vector graphics program that also does web design, FLASH, and animation! They have excellent cheaper versions also. I have PhotoShop and Illustrator and rarely use them.

My link to Xara is here.

You can download a free trial version there also.

Last edited:
I use Xara Xtreme Pro 5 as the primary design software for almost everything I do. It is very affordable at only $249.00 USD. Its a vector graphics program that also does web design, FLASH, and animation! They have excellent cheaper versions also. I have PhotoShop and Illustrator and rarely use them.

My link to Xara is here.

You can download a free trial version there also.

Thanks for the heads up Rock, I will give it a look.

Here is what I came up. This is a simple design that would be very recognizable and also easy to use as a makers mark on the blade. I think it also looks like a skull. -Burton

Attachments

• FALLOUT.jpg
    FALLOUT.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Some variances.

Basic1a.jpg

Basic1E.jpg

Basic1B.jpg

I will see about calling it tonight around midnight. But I ain't making any promises. It is going to be a tough choice.

I will have to put off calling the contest until monday night. I am having alot of problems with my computer. Until then feel free to submit more entries.

Alright after alot of deliberation, I came to a decision.

Everone who entered a design is a winner!!!

I hate to end it this way but I have seen alot of great designs, but just havn't seen what I am looking for. So everyone that entered a design gets a 25% dicount on a custom knife of there choice 2thumbs. Of cource you will be added to the waiting list.

Thank you everyone for submiting your designs. We seem to have some nice talent around here. If I decide to use one of the designs summited as is, I will still hold true to the contest rules.

Here is a list of the people who submmited designs, If I missed anyone please pm me. These persons will have the oppertunity to claim 25% off of a custom knife, either custom order or knife up for sale. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

bigern26
Rock
a6cjn
Frstr8
Burton

Thank you everyone for there entries,

Jake Mello

Prize change

Jake,

Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. Some of these folks put in a lot of effort and I think you need to honor the original contest prize. Make a decision or run a poll for two days if need be.

I'm a professional graphic artist. I had a little time and thought I'd get the contest moving for you. I didn't have time for further submissions.

I see you are offering 25% off for five people, contingent on sales and their waiting, but its not the same.

You do not need to include me if you don't care to, but someone should get a knife. Otherwise, the first of the group to request a knife purchase can have my 25%.

I would be happy to work with you on a design if you have a better idea of what you want.

Thanks,

Rock

Last edited:
Those are sweet Rock! I wish I could look over your shoulder for a day and learn a bunch. 2thumbs

Ok guy's after much deliberation I have come to a better solution. I am going to open this back up to the indeviduals who have already submited designs for the final show down. This time I promise I will pick a winner.

This will be a one week show down. All entrie will have to be submitted by midnight of the 17th. After all entries are submitted I will then take a week to pick a winner. The winner will be anounced by midnight of the 22nd.

This is the list of the final five:

bigern26
Rock

a6cjn
Frstr8
Burton

Now for the critiques and advise.

bigern26, we already spoke a little about the design. I would like to see the last one you e-mailed without out the mask. And whatever else you can come up with.

Rock, The first overall concept was nice. But needed more attitude, like the one you just did. By the way that is what I am talking about. Way out of the box with that one.

a6cjn, I really dug the simplicity those designs. Would like to see it with the web address on top and the slogen on bottom in quotations.

Frstr8, We talked a bit also. You know the one I pointed out. Would like to see the same one, just a lighter color in the eyes and use what is in the eyes on the low spots of the mouth piece and canisters.

Burton, I like the out of the box thinking. I wish I could use the nuclear simbol, but there is another maker out there who uses it as a mark.

I hope I'm not being to picky. If any of you have more questions please PM me.

I really want to get a great t-shirt, mark or overall design from this contest and give away a knife. So lets see what we can do.

Thank you for your patiants,
Jake

There are the last two I sent you, I am confident enough that all I have sent you is the best I can do without any design programs.

Hey it was fun drawing these out for you.
I really hope you pick one you really like, That's what this contest was for was a logo That works for Mello Knives, not worrying about a free knife.

Sorry if I sound a little mean but I feel that if you do not truly love any of the logos then why reward for them.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Jake,
I cannot afford to buy a kinfe from you right now.
I guess that one of the many reasons I have started making knives!cool 1

Do me a favor and give the my 25% to either one of the other guys on the list,
or somebody who is buying a knife but could use a little break.

Thanks again

Jake,
I cannot afford to buy a kinfe from you right now.
I guess that one of the many reasons I have started making knives!cool 1

Do me a favor and give the my 25% to either one of the other guys on the list,
or somebody who is buying a knife but could use a little break.

Thanks again

Sounds good.cool 1

I am really busy at work which is where I do all my playing on the computer. I don't take any more time away from my family than I have to. I will let my designs stand. Good luck to everyone and I hope Jake finds something that works for him. Thanks for the opportunity!

Back