Knifemaker estate sale

Bob, I have just PayPalled the balance of my account, (how ever much that is).
I don't care how you use it.
Gas money,
Trouble for driving and taking pictures.
Time spent promoting this. I know that your time is worth something.
Or all to Gracy.
I DON'T CARE.
I know that you will use it, and all other funds in their best way.
I don't want an accounting as to how you use it.
I know that you will do the best as you believe.
I believe that what ever you believe is just fine.
I believe.

Some time we may all need someone to step into your shoes.
One day it may be you and we will step up again.

Thanks for the donation and the vote of confidence Wayne. We are gathering a decent little check for her. Nothing spectacular but a decent amount anyway. Just so everyone knows there have been a few people that have offered for me to take part of their donation for gas but I am not going to do it. ALL of the donation money will be going the Gracie.

She needs it and will appreciate it so she will get it all.

If this situation presents itself again (I hope not for a long time) and I am the one closest, you can bet I will do this again. I get all the rewards. I get to help someone, I get to be the face for everyone else that helps someone. AND I get to tell a few people where to go. Yes, I told two people where to go since starting this. One offered me $700 for the entire shop and got mad when I told him no. He said it is not doing her any good so she should just give it up cheap and face the facts. The other offered $800. I told them both to hit the road and I told Gracie about them and told her not to sell to them and refer them to me if the called.

There is nothing lower than someone trying to take advantage of a person when they are down.

Thanks to all that have donated and I hope someone can come up with the cash to buy this stuff soon.

Bob

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Well guys Gracie sold the shop. Someone in Pittsburgh bought it but I don't know who it was.

I will wait about another week for any more donations to show up then I will mail her a check. If anyone out there is thinking of donating please understand that selling the shop will not take care of everything so if you can, please do.

I am happy for her. Thanks to all that have been involved at every level.

Bob

Thats great news. Thanks for all you've done Bob. I hope one day I have someone as generous as you around to help out my bride.

There was similar situation in my neck of the woods except the lady in question had to sell her husbands collection. I bought one of the knives she had and I will alway treasure it because I love knives and she was really cool person to boot. Its always sad to hear when a maker or collector leaves this world. I am wishing her the all the best considering.

Congratulations on a great job, Bob!! You done good. The guy in PA. wouldn't have known about if it weren't for these threads.

Sent something to help out Gracie. Thanks for stepping in and helping her out Bob. Good news that everything sold. Guess I won't need to suggest the possibility of using a PODS service to move stuff if necessary.

Thanks Wade, I am going to really like sending her this cash. She will be happy and since it is unexpected it will be pennies from heaven to her.

Thanks to all that have donated and all that may still donate.

Bob

Bob, nice of you to do all that.

Does she have a quilt to sell?

I don't know Tracey, but I can ask her.

She does not do anything on the computer so photos and all that are not possible unless I drive down there and take them myself.

Bob

Bob,
Good of you to offer your assistance, to another knife community member, who is going through a tough time.
Incoming paypal.

Regards, Fred

Bob

You had mentioned earlier that she was wanting to sell the walrus tusk sepratly? Onr thought was to call Worthers, they purchase estate ivory all the time and a full face piece like that should bring a premium. Just a thought. Thanks for all that you have done to help this person in her time of need. It truely is the measure of a man to see the deeds he does of his own will!

God Bless
Mike

Thanks Mike,

I will let her know about Worthers. I will have to research them to find out where to call but if she has not already sold it that would be a great option. I appreciate you letting me know about it.

Bob

To all that have donated, I just got the clearance for the outstanding donation that processed kinda weird and took a while, So unless someone else wants to donate I will go ahead and transfer the funds to my checking account and send her a check.

We are currently at $327.08. Wayne Coe sent his paypal balance and that is how we got the odd amount. I will add some to make it $330 even.

I know you guys had to dig deep to come up with your donations and unfortunately I am not able to add any significant amount. I will be sure to let Gracie know that the donations were hard earned but given generously and always with wishes of more. This coupled with the shop money should help her out. I know she will appreciate it.

Thanks to all,

Bob

Hey guys, I called Gracie yesterday to confirm her mailing address. The buyer of the shop has picked it all up already.

I told her about the donations that I have collected from you guys and the first thing she said was; "Why would they do that?" I once again explained that the knife makers of the world are a band of brothers and we help each other out. We wanted to help her and honor Bob at the same time. I started out by telling her I had a "Couple" donations sent to me for her. She never asked how much, just could not believe anyone would do that. I really kind of minimized her expectations by telling her I had some people send $10 for her. After she kinda got over the shock that people she did no know cared enough about her and Bob to send their hard earned cash I told her that there was $327.08 that I would be sending her. She was floored.

She immediately asked me to identify all of the donors so she could send thank you cards. I explained to her that people were not interested in receiving thanks and pats on the back but instead just want to help.

Today I sent her a postal money order for $330.00 and a short letter with the info I had on the donors because she wants to write a thank you letter and send it to me.

I got to tell you guys, she was speechless. It was great to hear her stall when trying to think what to say. She really appreciates this.

As soon as I get the letter from her, I will let you know.

Bob

what a great story. Bob, you've probably had as tougher go of it these last several years than most and you still stepped up and went more than you needed to in order to help a poor widow. You are an inspiration. Thank you.
t

Back