If you could get any knife for Christmas...

Mine would have to be one of Jarrett's strait razors. Some thing I would be using everyday with pride. Some thing that feels good in my hand, every day.

Gee, Randy. I think the what four things question was easier than one specific knife. I've been drooling over TA's work as well, as well as KC and several others. But if I'm gonna pin it all on Santa's good will I'm going with Bruce Bump too!

If I put up two stockings do you think I could get a Les George FM-1 in one and and a John Barker Hokkaido in the other?? While I'm wishing I might as well wish big.

Hmmmmm, I really wonder if anyone's wish will come true. I guess you just have to catch the right guy on the right day, and make sure your spouse reads this post.............good luck everybody. Post pics.

I just got mine . A Bruce Bump.

bruce_002_900_x_675.jpg

bruce_003_900_x_675.jpg

That is about the easiest question in the world! Why so many have responded that this question is hard to answer is baffling to me, my choice(s) would be
ANY mosaic or Damascus fighter/chopper (generally any of his big blades) from Ed Caffrey, ANY Steven Rapp, ANY Matt Lamey, ANY Bruce Bump, there ARE SO MANY more....OK I know that's not specifically ONE but it is one of any of those, but not necessarily in that ORDER, Ed's stuff would be the top of my list, while Matt's would be a close second. If we're wishing, my Christmas wish is to find a working POWER HAMMER in 11', that I CAN AFFORD!!! And hopefully build a hydraulic press, might as well wish for some HEAT in the shop, since Alabama has decided to play Arctic musical chairs for the last couple of years! Oh, and some insulation! Oh Yeah, and World Peace! Ok this wasn't that easy of a question, the quality and diversity of blades these days is mind boggling, we truly do live in the age of the BLADE!
Rex

I am still learning about a lot of the custom makers so I will stick with a favorite from my childhood. My Uncle had a Puma White Hunter, that I fell in love with as soon as I first saw it. My Uncle has since passed and my dad has that knife now. I have tried but I can't talk him out of it. If Santa is going to bring me a knife, I'd like it to be a mint condition, vintage Puma White Hunter - complete with sheath and box, of course.

Back