I got something on my mind...

Aw, but it's so pretty at 6AM when you have to shovel 4" of fresh snow just so your kid can get to school. It's a winter wonderland!

Well, the local paper reported there's already 9 inches on Sidley. That'll hold my fat butt up on the right side of the water. And since I got my wife a ice fishing pole (she says cat toy) I just got to take her out, right?

Merry Christmas, Ironwolf. Both to you and all of yours.

As you are fond of saying, may peace be upon your house...

The last few days I've been out in a t-shirt and long-sleeved shirt over that...except when it's been raining. +5 C or better and nary a snowflake to be seen
in the lower elevations...
I kinda miss those pre-dawn Winter mornings,when there's a hush and stillness,as if the Earth still sleeps,and it's just you and the snow shovel...
Your frozen breath hangs in the air,and the street lights shimmer with a crystal clarity not found at any other time of the year.
Down the road a dog barks,and the sound carries through the clear and icy air...The smell of woodsmoke curling from the chimneys carry with it childhood memories:the warmth of apple-cinnamon porridge with the dab of butter melting into the brown sugar... sigh...
Merry Christmas everyone,Peace to you and your House!

Back