Giveaway for New Makers!

Drum Roll Please ... We have a winner!

Entry number 34, Precise, was the number generated by random.org!

Congratulations Precise!

Congrats Precise !! I hope it inspires you to make a winning knife as well ! Great GAW James ! Bill

Thanks to all who participated, encouraged, and contributed to this GAW! It's been fun!
Precise I'll need your shipping address so I can get your kit on the way ASAP :)

Congratulations Precise!! Thank you James for this!! The generosity of members here amazes me. I just wish some of you could give me some of your skill!!:D

WOW!!! Thank you so very much for this great opportunity! You all are all very generous! I never win anything, so I was very surprised when I logged in today.

Boy, I need to get started working on a pattern for what to make now. I think a nice big camp knife would be great! I'll be sure to take lots of pics!

Thank you again! Knifedogs rules!

WOW!!! Thank you so very much for this great opportunity! You all are all very generous! I never win anything, so I was very surprised when I logged in today.

Boy, I need to get started working on a pattern for what to make now. I think a nice big camp knife would be great! I'll be sure to take lots of pics!

Thank you again! Knifedogs rules!

I need your shipping info so i can ship your lanyard

Congrats, Precise, and thank you for sending me your shipping info so quickly. Let me know if you need the blank drilled and/or roughly profiled so you can get to work. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to provide links and tips.

Don't forget to send your addy to Jeff Pearce and Archer Moon, so they can send you your lanyard and bead! Thank you, gentlemen!

Remember also, SBurek has volunteered to HT your blade when it's ready. It's up to you to keep in touch with him. Thanks, Stan!

Thank you all very much for participating, encouraging and contributing to this giveaway! It's been a hoot!

I feel like I'm the winner here. I'm really glad to be able to help someone get started. Thank you, KnifeDogs.com for giving us a chance to do this!

Thanks again everyone! When the kit gets here I am going to try to take lots of pictures and have a WIP thread.

I haven't completed any knives. So I rather hope this will be my first to make it all the way through 2thumbs

I have a sears belt/disc sander, an old drill press, and my handy dandy dremel tool with a multitude of discs and wheels.

I know for a fact I can cut the blade into the shape I want. I've gotten pretty good at that. Then comes the pre-heat treat flat grinding. Thats where things have gotten messy for me. But I'm hopeful. 2thumbs

While I wait for the kit, I'm going to do some drawings.

I want to make a good camp knife with these qualities in mind:
Can do food prep:
Can do light chopping:
Can do light batoning:
Can make sticks into pointy sticks:
Is a viable option for cleaning fish:
Is not a bowie: (I just don't like bowies)

So design wise I'm thinking:
1. Nessmuk
2. A curvy survival knife like the Grohmann survial knife. (Looks kinda like a Nessmuk with more belly.
3. Something that looks like a Mora or Puukko.

When I get the designs out of my head and into the computer I'll actually start the WIP thread and paste them there. Boy, this is gonna be fun. :D

Congrats, Precise and thanks again, James.

Precise, I designed this Wharncliffe, with just a hint of belly, but not a spearpoint, with the dimensions James gave for the steel. You are welcome to use it if you'd like. PM me if you want the line drawing.

CrimsonBladeworksWharncliffe1.png

Back