Giveaway for New Makers!

Ahhh, crap, there goes the last of my excuses. I'm in. Does it come with a pink lunchbox or does the winner have to buy their own?

Thanks, James!

Last edited:
bwahaha you got the wrong guy if you're lookin' for a pink lunchbox! I'm a brown-paper-bag kinda fella. :D

Glad to see we're getting a good response here. I just figured it was my turn to chip in and help someone.

Teaser... a little bird told me we may have someone willing to help out with heat-treating!

I got my tools. I'm ready now!

pinkboxtools.jpg

I have talked with James and he has OK'd this.
When the knife is ready for H/T the winner can mail it to me and I will do the H/T on the blade and cover return postage.
Just my little part of a good idea.
Stan

This is great. One of the many reasons I keep coming back to this site. Every body is very giving and helpful.
Many thanks to everybody!

Welcome to the fun, Bladewarrior. The list of "I'm in's" is updated daily.

If y'all know anyone who's interested in making a knife, kick 'em in the butt -- I mean, pat 'em on the shoulder and get 'em to register with KnifeDogs.com so they can sign up. Call your friends folks, there's still almost a week till the drawing.

Thanks to all for your interest and support! :)

Update!

A member here asked me a darn good question... "what if the winner doesn't have a good drill?"

Well, we got that covered folks. :D

If you win, you got a couple choices...

1) do your own drilling in the tang and handle slabs if you can

or...

2) let me know what your basic profile will be, and I'll drill the tang and slabs for you. I'll leave plenty of room so you can shape the tang and scales how you want.

Same goes for basic profiling of the blade... I'll be honest, filing a profile takes awhile. If you win and don't have a good drill/hacksaw/etc, let me know what style blade you want, and I'll cut it fairly close. That will save you some time and give you some "wiggle-room" to make it the way you want.

Regardless, I'll provide links, tutorials and tips to show you how to make it all happen.

The winner will still have to file the bevels, and mount/shape/assemble the handles! This takes work and care. That's the whole idea... you gonna work yer butt off if you win this kit, but the finished product will be YOURS! Elbow-grease and sweat-equity, baby!

If you win and finish the project, I promise you'll never regret it :)

Last edited:
This is incredible. Your generosity is awesome...

Ok I'm in ... in spite of my lurker nature I will do my best to contribute more.

I've been watching this post,but want to say.....Good on ya James,for doing this.
If anyone is wanting to make a knife,here's your chance.
Thanks to James,Stan and Jeff,you'll never make one any cheaper.

God bless,Keith

I will donate a paracord knife lanyard to the winner. just let me know what colors you want.

Thanks Jeff! I'll forward the winner's address to you when the time comes so you can mail it to them directly.

Just a few more days folks! Thanks to all who've entered and thanks for the encouragement from everyone else. This is fun!

I will through in a maple lanyard bead. I lost my pics. Comp. must have ate them. Will post as soon as I can find them.

Back