First knife ever.........WIP

Ernie, That is a very nice looking knife. Hard to tell its your first, like tracy said you have an eye for it so keep after it.

Jim

Ya know Ernie... when I saw the first photo of you out on the porch, with the blade clamped to a (very likely wobbly) wooden post, I kinda thought... in the back of my head....."ohhh no".

But, now........ Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Yes!!

The useful blade shape, the great finish on the blade, the even and straight plunge lines, the contours of the handle, the nice wood choice and well done finish, the overall flow of the whole knife.

Its all there.

Yeahh man, that's quite nice and I'm really looking forward to see what you do with the sheath.

Last edited:
Thanks Dacks, and everyone else!!

I started the sheath last night!!
I got it cut out and did a little tooling, did the stitch groove and marked my stitch holes................... then I realised that i didn't have to do everything on both sides:eek: wont hurt to have design on both front and back!!!

I hope everything lines up right!!!!!!

Ok almost done with it, I built the sheath in the last couple days!!
Yesterday I wore it all day and I like the way it wears. I did have a couple mistakes but its all a learning process and I will not do them on my future sheaths!!!

I did some stamping with the couple stamps that I have, and there is a mark in the leather that you can easily see........ I thought that was
going to be the back of the sheath but I am not left handed. lol
I think it turned out really good for my first.

All I have left to do is condition and protect the sheath and then sharpen and my first knife will be completed!!

Here are some pics of the sheath!!!

009-3.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

Last edited:
Now what I want to know is this one for sale or is it a keeper? If it is for sale, I have dibs on it! 2thumbs If not, hand it down for generations. cool 1

Now what I want to know is this one for sale or is it a keeper? If it is for sale, I have dibs on it! 2thumbs If not, hand it down for generations. cool 1

No this one is mine!!!! I have became really partial to it now

But..................

I can take orders:eek:

Thanks again for the kind words all.

I just received my stencils from Ernie.
Along with the etcher I built a few weeks ago............... this is what happened!!!!

045-1.jpg

047.jpg

Looks great!

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
--------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Back