Fantastic new Low Cost Ceramic Belt from Norton.

Are these the right belts?

2x72-36 SGR961Y Ceramic

This was the only one under Norton that was a Ceramic Alumina belt. And the cost on these is $9.90 for the 36 grit thru Trugrit's website.

What am I missing?? I need to order belts and would sure like to try these out for hoggers.

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

Are these the right belts?

2x72-36 SGR961Y Ceramic

This was the only one under Norton that was a Ceramic Alumina belt. And the cost on these is $9.90 for the 36 grit thru Trugrit's website.

What am I missing?? I need to order belts and would sure like to try these out for hoggers.

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

Mike,
Those are the older Norton Hogger's I was comparing these to.

I don't think these new Norton Alumina Ceramic aren't on their site yet. The new ones cost half of that $9.90 and are about as good!

Call Scott at tru-grit on Monday.909-923-4116 PST

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I picked some of them up on Friday. I did some grinding with them today and they run true and are working well. I ground out 3 blades and still have life in it.

I am going back for some more :)

Thanks Laurance,
Do you by chance have a part # for these, or do I just ask him for the Ceramic Alumina Y weight belts?

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

Hi guys, I have had a chance to work some Carbon Damascus with these belts. And here are my thoughts.

The 50G is good, but didnt seem to cut as clean as the 60 G belts... These 60g eat carbon steel really nice! clean cutting, smooth and cool cutting. I ground 4 small dagger shaped knives and roughed in 2 large kitchen knives with one belt. :) I did re condition the belt after the 4th dagger.

In short, Im very pleased with the 60G belts and have already recommended these to a few people. For the money, there is not a better ceramic belt on the market. That said.. these are the lowest price ceramic belts on the market! lol The fact that they cut great is the icing on the cake! :) I will keep these on hand and in stock at all times from now on.. But will continue to get some high prices belts and a couple other tried and true belts that are awesome and make my life and job easier.

Grab some of these and test them out. You cant go wrong for the price. and may find they are perfect for your grinding needs.

Have fun, stay sharp and Keep the sparks flyin!
Randy

Hi guys, I have had a chance to work some Carbon Damascus with these belts. And here are my thoughts.

The 50G is good, but didnt seem to cut as clean as the 60 G belts... These 60g eat carbon steel really nice! clean cutting, smooth and cool cutting. I ground 4 small dagger shaped knives and roughed in 2 large kitchen knives with one belt. :) I did re condition the belt after the 4th dagger.

In short, Im very pleased with the 60G belts and have already recommended these to a few people. For the money, there is not a better ceramic belt on the market. That said.. these are the lowest price ceramic belts on the market! lol The fact that they cut great is the icing on the cake! :) I will keep these on hand and in stock at all times from now on.. But will continue to get some high prices belts and a couple other tried and true belts that are awesome and make my life and job easier.

Grab some of these and test them out. You cant go wrong for the price. and may find they are perfect for your grinding needs.

Have fun, stay sharp and Keep the sparks flyin!
Randy

That is interesting Randy because I have only used the 36G, 60G & 120G belts and have been extremely happy with those.

Norton sent me some 80g Red Hoggers to replace my Blaze belts that I returned.
This newer 60G seems to cut as well or better than the 80G Hogger that's twice as espensive.

Go Figure?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Laurence
Do you have Scott's direct email address? I can't seem to get ahold of him directly. I cant really call M-F 8-5 so email is best for me. Thanks Larry

Back