Ernie's First Passaround

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from work!!!! I'll carry it around this weekend and next week and let y'all know what I think!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 26
Sweet!! Thanks for letting me know.
When you get done, please contact Ed Caffrey to see if he still has time to check it out. He is the only one on the list that has not had a chance yet.
Then after I get it back I will clean it up and draw names, It will go to one of you testers.

Your the man Ernie!!!!!!! I really like this knife!! The only thing so far that I'm not crazy about is the pointy part of the handle, and how the sheath rides. For the time I have it I added a small tel lok and made the sheath a horizontal carry. I actually just came out of the woods from shooting a little buck so it might see some time with it. I'll post more pics later!!!

8408bc41.jpg

Hey Erinie!

The knife arrived in the mailbox today. I'm doing my routine "inspection" and will work with over the next couple of days, and should have it headed home soon. My initial thoughts are as follows:

-I dislike all the sharp angles/edges....especially that razor sharp corner on the lower end of the ricasso/finger groove. The overall "feel" is too "handle heavy" for my tastes, but otherwise not too bad.... I suspect that it's going to become uncomfortable very quickly during use.

Once I do some cutting with it, I'll give my input on those areas.
-

I received the knife back from Ed today.

I will clean it up as soon as I can and then draw a number out of the participants, Then send it off to the winner :)

Thanks a lot everyone for taking part in this passaround, it helped me learn a few things. Hopefully It helps me become a better maker in the future :)

That only took about 8 months. Kinda long but a good thread and fun to see how everybody used it.
I do think it taught you some valuable lessons. let's see the next one.

Heck I am happy with 8 months, after seeing how some passarounds never get completed or the makers never get their knives back.

I cant wait to get some more knives made, it might be a while as I hurt my back at work and am in the process of getting injections in my spine. If that dont work I am facing surgery. :what!:

I am hoping to get to work on knives very soon.

good show.. Glad to hear everyone got a chance to play with your knife Ernie!! Now just draw my name and Ill proudly add it to my sons collection! :)

Hey, It takes guys to do a pass around. I respect that you did it and Im sure you learned from it..

God Bless YA. and a speedy recovery!
Randy

And the hot dog is.......................................................

Mr. Bruce Bump

Congrats Bruce!!!!!

I will need your address and I will ship it out in a couple days!!

2012-01-04_201917.jpg

What? Yes, Yes, Yes!!
This made day Ernie. Very cool knife too at least the last time I saw it, since that time its been around the block a few times. Love ya man!

And the hot dog is.......................................................

Mr. Bruce Bump

Congrats Bruce!!!!!

I will need your address and I will ship it out in a couple days!!

2012-01-04_201917.jpg

Very cool. Ernie, this entire thread, and the actions taken were a class act and you finished it up with a fine gesture. Hats off to you my man and awaiting future creations from you.
My brother, formerly a jump master with the 82nd airborne, messed up his back and ankle during a night jump back in '05. It took some time and (surgery) but today he rides his Harley all over Texas / U.S. and does all the things he used to. (except night jumping)
It's going to get better. Hang in there.

Very cool. Ernie, this entire thread, and the actions taken were a class act and you finished it up with a fine gesture. Hats off to you my man and awaiting future creations from you.
My brother, formerly a jump master with the 82nd airborne, messed up his back and ankle during a night jump back in '05. It took some time and (surgery) but today he rides his Harley all over Texas / U.S. and does all the things he used to. (except night jumping)
It's going to get better. Hang in there.

Thanks Bud,
Yeah I felt it important to get this finished up and I have seen to many of these Passarounds not get finished. It took awhile but we got it done:)

Good things come to those who wait. I'm so looking forward to my new addition to my Dog Series.
Thanks again Ernie.
Lord, heal Ernies back.

Congrats Bruce! I barely remember the knife. I beat it up a bit last...well a long time ago. Great job keeping up with it all Ernie. Count me in for the next one.

Thanks Patrick,
Ernie says he cleaned it up a bit and rounded off the pointed pommel (my only real complaint) I cant wait to see her again.
Congrats Bruce! I barely remember the knife. I beat it up a bit last...well a long time ago. Great job keeping up with it all Ernie. Count me in for the next one.

Back