Did Jesus visit the Americas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR wrote..."Now, that's not even talking about the origin of the Textus Receptus, Masoretic Texts, etc... themselves, or how we came to have a book that is not just a book, but 66 books, penned by 40 authors over 1000s of years as they were each, in turn, inspired by God."

I was raised with the old testament bible, not the new Testament Bible which came later. IIRC, the new testament was based on Greek translations. It appears that all bibles were based on translations from one source or another by man. There is no question that each contains provisions for living a "Godly" life. As I believe that each person that chooses to believe in God has their own definition what God is to them. Their is only one God , but each person defines and interprets what that God is in their heart.

And Bubba-san wrote "On Jesus birthday lets all agree that we all believe in something , and hope we can all make this a world that our creator can smile at .....

You nailed it...and a Merry Christmas to one and all. Teddy

My take on any bible is that they are great self-help books for defining how on chooses to live his life. I choose to live my life by the 'ten Commandments', not because it is said that God caused Moses to inscribe the tablets... but because, standing by themselves, the commandments are a good life philosophy. So, I believe that in the absence of empirical proof otherwise, I am free to believe what I choose about my God.

Jesus said : in many words and ways, lauguages and interpretations of the Hebrew text. Treat thy neighbor as thy self. or love thy neighbor as thyself . We can do that , this time of year . Jesus may be coming back sooner than we think ? Jesus has visited all people he was son of God . We all are made in his Image . As, many holy people have visited us .Theology teaches us that all the great holy people are coming back . even the holy people from other religions I mean in all religions . God usually lives in another place . May your God be with you . . . most religions recognise Jesus. That should Say something. Adeste fidelelus Happy holidays ..... Bubba

Attachments

• beautiful sunset 001.JPG
    beautiful sunset 001.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 5
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6
I think each person, no matter what their belief system, background, upbringing, etc..., does infact have their own understanding/interpretation of God. Some base it on what their parents may have taught them, what they learned in sunday school, what they read in the bible (or perhaps other texts), or any other combination of resources.

Interestingly enough, the Bible says that God has even been revealed through creation itself:
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

If any of you are readers, and curious about the attributes of God (at least from a predominantly biblically based perspective), the book "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer is good read.
"The Sovereignty of God" by Arthur W. Pink is also a very intersting read. I believe both of the aforementioned books can even be found online, free of charge.

I appreciate the civility of this discussion.
I know that the bible is the word of God.
I know that I can know the will of God by reading the Bible so I do that every day.
Christ paid the price of redemption for all of us with his blood. We can claim that redemption and be justified if we truly believe,in our hearts,the gospel of Christ ,"that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,and that he was buried,and that he rose from the dead three days later", to paraphrase our apostle Paul.
Those words "according to the scriptures" cover a lot of ground and the scriptures are the only place that you can find all of the details. That's why I read and study the Bible daily,because I want know all the details!
I sincerely encourage all of you, believers and non believers to read and study the bible as much as you possibly can. And my prayer is that those of you That don't believe will come to the realization of the truth. Don't be like Pontius Pilate, as he was staring Truth in the face,ask what is truth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the civility of this discussion.

I think I’m seeing Christ in the Knifedog Christians right now.

In a discussion about Jesus, from such a diverse group of people,... I’ve never seen anything quite like this before. No bad guys here, and it‘s great to feel like I’m a part of the community.

Thanks for letting it continue Calvin, and thanks to all who have joined in.

i've been keeping up with this thread, the last week or so there has been alot of excellent points made, while i personally believe that jesus never left the middle east becuase it's not mentioned in the word, i believe that if jesus had come to amarica it would have been mentioned becuase that would've been a major event in his time on earth. "all scripture is God breethed.." therefore no mistakes, screw ups or information accidently left out. these kind of descusians really help us think and dig deeper into the scriptures. merry christmas guys!

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written. (John 21:25 NASB)

I'm not sure that necessarily means he came to America(s), but obviously he did much more than the New Testament mentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

true, but IMO coming to the amaricas would be a huge event, which would probably take 4 months or so just to complete the trip. and in the bible there doesn't seem to be any 4 month gaps, everything says "several weeks later" or "the next day" or "a couple days later" theres no "and the next year" or "4 months later" or even a "and 2 months later".

"Why am I going? Why have I spoken so long to the traders? Why have I talked to the foreign merchants, speaking to each one in his own language? Because there are wild tribes in the jungles. They know not of the One Great Spirit who rules all men. They follow Him not. They still wage warfare. Ah my people, indeed I love you. Yet if you had a herd of llamas upon a hillside and one little lamb fell into the canyon and into some brambles, would you not go down to save it, to comfort it and still its crying? So I go to save my llamas, for that is My Father’s Work.” The Pale Prophet (Peru)

MT 18:12-13: A man owns a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away; will he not leave the ninety nine out on the hills and go in search of the stray? If he succeeds in finding it, believe me he is happier about this one than about the ninety- nine that did not wander away.

Last edited:
true, but IMO coming to the amaricas would be a huge event, which would probably take 4 months or so just to complete the trip. and in the bible there doesn't seem to be any 4 month gaps, everything says "several weeks later" or "the next day" or "a couple days later" theres no "and the next year" or "4 months later" or even a "and 2 months later".

Jesus Was the Son of God . If the father chose to ,he could do anything , No one knows the Power of our Lord . It will be revealed in time .

There are many mysteries of the trinity of God . Just follow your faith and it will ALL be revealed.

Luke 24:10 Now it was Mary of Magdala, and Johanna, and Mary the mother of James, and the others with them, who told these things to the apostles.

Feliz Navidad....... Merii Kurisumasu! メリークリスマス!

Last edited:
There are many mysteries of the trinity of God . Just follow your faith and it will ALL be revealed.

I agree with that.

Life is a work of art that is still in progress. If God intended for us to "know", where would that leave faith and hope in this life and world?

The more I learn the less I seem to know... However, a man has got to "believe" something in order to take action.

Last edited:
I have read and studied just to name a few, The Old testament, New testament, Bhagavad-Gita, Book of five rings and other Buddhist teachings and some of the Koran.

If people look to better themselves as a person and enrich their own knowledge of God, I support it as long as they don't want to hurt anyone or impose their beliefs on someone that believes differently.

I do have a question to the people that toot their own horn that they have taken the road less traveled!
Who built the road?

I do have a question to the people that toot their own horn that they have taken the road less traveled!
Who built the road?

As a Moderator I should know better then to post in these threads

Merry Christmas Guys, I'm out

This is the first I heard about the Pale Prophet. Being the septic that I am, does anyone know the commonly accepted definition of the American Indian word "Pale". I don't know, and I don't have time right now to search, but, the word may have a couple of meanings and interpretations. Please understand that this is an academic discussion, and I am looking for information only.

From what I have been able to find, I would tend to give this theory a lot of weight.

All of the prophets seemed to preach the same thing...Peace and love in and between mankind. It is how a man lives, his actions, that determine his 'soul' And from there forward, it's up to what you want to believe. ...Teddy

I don't know for sure what the word for Pale was in the many Indians languages, or what it meant exactly.

I think the "Pale Prophet" is just a generic name for this particular historical figure used to simplify things for English writers. He went by many different names that each tribe had given him in their languages and each had it's own meaning. Once when asked what they called Him in His own homeland language, the closest pronunciation He could give them was "Chee-Zoos".

According to the legends the Pale Prophet taught in a thousand languages and went by many different names. He was described as being fair skinned or pale.

By the way, I had returned to book, but Julie's friend at work gave it back to her so she could read it. So, I do have it here for reference now.

Last edited:
john 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

john 3:16 for God so love the world that he sent his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternall life.

john 6:40 for my fathers will is that everyone who looks to the son and believes in him shall have eternall life, and i will raise him up at the last day.

This is the first I heard about the Pale Prophet. Being the septic that I am, does anyone know the commonly accepted definition of the American Indian word "Pale". I don't know, and I don't have time right now to search, but, the word may have a couple of meanings and interpretations. Please understand that this is an academic discussion, and I am looking for information only.

From what I have been able to find, I would tend to give this theory a lot of weight.

All of the prophets seemed to preach the same thing...Peace and love in and between mankind. It is how a man lives, his actions, that determine his 'soul' And from there forward, it's up to what you want to believe. ...Teddy

The American Indian, I believe did not have a word for Pale ! As a student of Archeology of early Peoples . They have a word for white men, because, of their pale appearance...Uaschitschun Not sure of Dialect could be Algonquin ? could mean ghost ???

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I suppose there are pale skinned people or those that are more fair skinned than average, in all races and peoples. The Pale Prophet was also described as having a beard (a full beard I assume), which most American Indians do not. Physically, He looked different than them and said He came from a different land.

He also had "T" shaped markings on His hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back