Did Jesus visit the Americas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One

Banned
I finished reading a book last week called “He Walked the Americas”. I thought it was a great book,… a must read for native Americans.

http://www.amazon.com/He-Walked-Americas-Taylor-Hansen/dp/0964499703

I’ve heard about these Indian legends ever since I was a kid, but never actually read them, with the exception of the Quetzalcoatl legends which tied in with some research I was doing on Phoenix mythology.

This site references some of them, although I’m not so sure about the rest of the site, or where exactly it’s coming from… I'm just using it because it quotes the quotes of the legends in the book. I am personally not a member of any cult.

South America example legends:

http://www.wakeuphumanity.com/south-america.html

I’m just wondering what the take is on it from some of the KD Christians? Is it possible that Jesus could have visited the Americas post crucifixion? I don't know because I wasn't there to see it,... but it is interesting from a historical/cultural standpoint.

The Pale Prophet:
http://www.wakeuphumanity.com/the-pale-prophet.html

Last edited:
Its very possible , some christian religions base thier beliefs on it . They are the Mormons . I also was not there .

Good point. I read the Book of Mormon once when I was in my teens (a long time ago) and I grew up with a lot of Mormon friends. Outside of that, I’m wondering what some of the other Christians think or how it fits in (or not) with their theology.

I can’t remember any thing specifically from any of my other bible studies, except maybe Jesus mentioning “other flocks“… can’t recall the exact verse/verses for that right off hand, but they would predate these American legends. These legends were all apparently post crucifixion.

My wife is a Mexican Catholic and she said, “Why question it?,… just believe it in your heart”. In other words, let the legends speak for themselves. I wish it was that easy for me.

... I want to believe it though and am leaning in that direction.

Last edited:
I have to believe Jesus loved all people . appearing before them would not be something unusual for him. As long as you believe even though you may die you will live forever . There are many quotes in Christianity that are slighly different but, all say the same thing basically . Bubba

I think the history is fascination and could help give fresh insight into the here and now. However, I don’t think it’s something we can “know”, (in spite of the evidence), and it still comes down to faith, a choice to believe or not.

If it is actually an account of Jesus’ post crucifixion mission, then it gives the believer another account of Jesus with interesting tidbits not found in the bible and raises a lot of new questions. However, these legends do all seem to point back to the accounts of Jesus as told in the New Testament gospels and support those accounts,… which could help strengthen one’s faith.

Not that this should matter, but I found it interesting that according to these legends the Prophet had grey green eyes, long hair and beard with red highlights, until His hair turned white. It turned white after He prayed to the Almighty to stop giving Him visions of the future, which made Him sad. He thought He had lost His powers at that point, but later found out that He hadn’t, when He was asked to save a sick child. He told the mother He couldn't help and that His powers were gone, but she handed the child to Him and He held the sick child in His arms. Then a miracle happened and the child was healed!

I had to return the book, but plan to get a copy for reference. That last paragraph is just from memory. I think I got it right though.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, since these legends all seem to point back to the gospels, if you were to believe in these legends, you would also have to believe in the gospels and New Testament. Furthermore, be able to reconcile (if any) perceived contradictions between the two theologically.

… Perhaps these legends primed the native American Indians for the Christian missionaries. Maybe, when they heard the gospels told according to the New Testament for the first time, it struck a familiar chord with them from their own legends, verbal and written traditions.

The post crucifixion (new world) mission of the Pale Prophet wasn’t so much about eternity and the ever after,… as it was about how we should live our lives “right now“.

Last edited:
I have heard that some consider the Aztec's the lost tribe of Israel so some of the tribe of Jesus may have physically walked here as well as the ideals of love and the language of the heart transcends all borders.

According to the legends, who ever the Pale Prophet was, a big part of His mission was to end human sacrifices. He also preached monotheism and spoke of the Great Spirit, the God with no image, the only true God. The tribes He visited did already have their priesthoods and religions in place, which the Healer was not part of. What He taught was very different than what was being taught at the time, but He left His mark on many tribes. This also parallels what occurred with the Jewish hierarchy.

In at least a couple of the legends the priesthood became jealous and tried to kill Him, but they could not. This was post crucifixion. In one example, the knives fell from their hands. In another, the army was consumed by fire.

“Why, oh why, did we not know Him?”
“Why did we listen to the priesthood?”
“Why did we let the army surround Him?” ... Sound familiar?

Many of the tribes He visited returned to their traditions of war and sacrificing after He left them, but a few kept His commandments and honored His teachings through to the present day.

He never did lose His powers, but once assumed that He had, according to the legend.

As to His physical appearance, this was also post crucifixion and may not have been exactly the same as pre-crucifixion.

Last edited:
The thing that clouds it all up the most is this,… In the tribes He visited, He had 12 disciples plus a 13th to take His place after He left. In at least one legend the 13th disciple also receives the same name given to Him by the tribe, “Quetzalcoatl”.

From a historical stand point this makes it hard to tell which legends are about the “Original” and which are about a “Duplicate”?... without a physical description, time line etc., contained in each of the specific legends.

His physical attributes seem to play an important role.

I think the author did a lot of research and a pretty good job at tracing His footsteps, but it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

... What makes it even more mysterious is that the Lord Topiltzin Quetzalcoatl (a specific person) fits the physical description of the Pale Prophet, yet the legend says Quetzalcoatl was appointed by the Pale Prophet (who was named Quetzalcoatl by the Toltec).

In studying the Topiltzin Quetzalcoatl legends, outside of "He Walked the Americas",... His life and teachings did parallel the Jesus and Pale Prophet,... born of a virgin, ended human sacrifice, spoke of one God etc. His life ended when He threw Himself onto a bon fire,... from which He resurrected.

Last edited:
Where is the part about Jesus death on the cross as an atonement for the sin of mankind? The whole Bible points to this one event the redemption of mankind through Jesus, he probably would have mentioned it

That is a good question. "The Legend of the Three Crosses" from Peru is the closest I've seen. It's one of the legends in the link I posted. In that legend He asks for forgiveness for all who had wronged Him, just before He dies on the cross. However, in this story the Pale Prophet speaks about this Man in the third person. He may have been speaking about Himself or Jesus.

At any rate, the forgiveness of sins doesn't seem to play as big a role in the Indian legends as it does in the Bible. Maybe because the Pale Prophet considered that mission finished when He was crucified. Also, these legends were handed down primarily through verbal traditions and some parts that didn't seem so important to the tribes may have been forgotten. These are just legends, not the gospel.

I don't really know, but good question. :)

It’s all very mysterious and I love a good mystery…

I might be obsessing on it more than I should, but it’s just something that’s been on my mind. I don’t mean to offend anyone, any faith, tradition or religion by it.

(If the moderators feel that the topic is just too touchy, then by all means close it.)

Last edited:
Brad, not wanting to start a arguement but I would like to say a few things about recorded history.

The council of mycena that was held by Contsatine at appox 400 AD had MANY books that were not put into the "Bible" for many reasons. Mostly power and control of the new church. There are at least three main Bibles today. Western, Orthodox and Coptic and I am sure a few more that could be noted. I don't mean to diminish anyones Bible because their's means as much to them as your's means to you.

So did a pale or dark skinned Jesus walk in the Americas? I wasn't there? but if some find peace and understanding from a native American text or the book of Mormon? Then Hurrah for them!

Tai,
To me,books like this are as foolish as the message if the Cross is to those who are perishing, see 1st Corinthians,chapter 1, verse 18.
If you like a good mystery,I'll give you one to solve. Get a King James or New King James Version of The Bible and without aid if a Bible concordance,wiccapedia,or any help from any other source start at the beginning,Genesis,and read untill you find where Jesus is described as His head and hair as white as snow.
This would be a good exercise for all Christians and any one with the desire to know Christ.

I have read through the bible and studied it hard for about 7 years, before the internet and with an opened mind. I reached a point where I wasn't getting anything more out of it (except maybe just more frustrated and confused) and began studying many other books, mythology, world religions etc. This gave me fresh insights and a broad base of information to draw from. I don't think any of it is foolish if read from more a historical non-religious academic viewpoint. I do keep a bible for reference.

What people believe in their hearts is something different and it is personal. I don't necessarily believe all the same things others believe in,... but I believe in the people and the freedom to believe whatever one chooses.

Yes, a physical description of Jesus is given in revelation, that seems to match in some ways. None prior to that that I know of. In revelations, to me it was a more poetic description, with a sharp double edged sword coming out of His mouth, face like the sun etc.

The whole purpose of the message of the cross is for those who are perishing...

I get the feeling that a percentage of Christians really are closed to some of the historical information in books such as “He Walked the Americas“, and won’t even take the time to read them. I‘m not sure why,… but that’s O.K. for them. However, if that’s the case then there’s really nothing to discuss with them.

In history, time lines are very important. Brad mentioned the renaissance. Wouldn't this have post dated these Indian legends and as well as the description in revelations since it’s sometime in our future? Although, I’m not sure right off hand where the writing of revelations would fall into the time line. If the Pale Prophet was Jesus then the Indian legends would be the first to give an actual physical description of Jesus that I know of. They all matched up and came from many different tribes. This may not have been so important to the message of the gospels, but may have had significance in the Indian legends.

Last edited:
It might also help to understand my background and training in the arts. In art history we were required to "compare and contrast" works of art. This went way beyond just aesthetics. In order to compare and contrast we were required to know something about the cultures and people that they came from,... their science, technology, politics, religions etc., (a little of everything) which all played a role in, and influenced the arts. However, just regurgitating facts and prior theories etc., wasn't enough to get an "A". To get an "A" we had to come up with angles and theories that no one else had thought of (or at least had published) yet and be able to support them with facts and logic. This was especially true in graduate school.

This training and education stuck with me and is part of who I am.

Last edited:
I can sum up this thread so far and am satisfied with this answer.

Besides myself, 4 others have commented. Of those, two are opened to the possibility that Jesus visited the Americas and two seem to be saying that any religious studies should be focused exclusively on the bible.

So, unless anyone else has something they would like to add, I'm O.K. with it the way it is.

Thanks to all who showed an interest in this topic and shared their opinions. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back