Cushioned belts?

Lawrence, I do the 120 sometimes, 220, 400, 30 and then the buffer that 1200 just didn't do any better . Frank

Frank,
I learned from sharpening japanese Chef knives that you want to take it to at least 1200 and I find the 2000 Grit really give that shine!
When cutting fish and veggies for the display type of foods and taste you want in Japanese food.
The sharper the better!
They always stress than when you disrupt the cells of the fish etc, You diminish the taste. The 1200 & then the 2000 give a great cutting poished edge, Even before I buff with green chrome.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Well after using these for a while I have had a increase in cutting through them at the joint when slack belt sharpening. There is too much space between the two ends and it's catching the edge.

It's really exciting to have them go POP! and have the knife go loose! A true Oh Cr@p moment in life.:s7435: A very sobering event! lol.

I have contacted Scott and he said he will pass it on to the MFG so they can tighten the joints.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Rob.
I certainly will give them a try on my hollow grinds. I do next to no flat grinding. Could bed a few days . I wil post back here. I don't expect anything. 5 grits are so very slow I usually go to hand finishing after 16. Frank

Back