Arrowhead/Points/Indian Artifacts

My most recent river find. Had my trusty MOB FOS handy as always.

Here she is, broken knife....not not my FOS the ancient one:eek::D Now I just need to find the other half.....This was a heart breaker:mad:
ABrotherARiverandanAnimal008.jpg

ABrotherARiverandanAnimal006.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

Chris

Last edited:
Those sure are some awesome artifacts! I find a scraper and once in a while, an arrow head. One of my sons found a tooth with a hole drilled straight through it, found it in a creekbed when we were hunting for arrowheads. The tooth looked like it must have been strung onto a necklace at one time.

Sorry Chris,I guess I told you a month ago that I would post a pic of my finds,these are the few that I have.My wife and I have looked several years to find these.The top left second pic. is a marble.

Hope you like them

Last edited:
HK,

WOW.....Nice collection you guys have there. I see some very nice points there2thumbs This just proves I need to get out and hunt a lot more....lol

Congrats to you and your wife. They are not easy to find, but when you do its like an adrenaline rush.

Thanks for sharing bud. Awesome finds!!

Chris

Sorry Chris,I guess I told you a month ago that I would post a pic of my finds,these are the few that I have.My wife and I have looked several years to find these.The top left second pic. is a marble.

Hope you like them

Sounds like a nice find! Post a pic, we like pics:D Thats the fun part of all of this hunting artifacts. You just never know what has been waiting there and for how long to be discovered.

Those sure are some awesome artifacts! I find a scraper and once in a while, an arrow head. One of my sons found a tooth with a hole drilled straight through it, found it in a creekbed when we were hunting for arrowheads. The tooth looked like it must have been strung onto a necklace at one time.

Here are some of my axes , they span the complete axe making periods and styles from 6000 bc to 500 ad approx .there is also a liitle drilled pendant I found near a burial mound. I agree you never know what you are going to find?? all you fellas have some nice blades , I like the nova scotia points little different styles , some of those are real old pieces.

Last edited:
Bubba,

I just decided I need to find me a couple axes now....lol Awesome. I see most of them had been found some time ago. That is still one of the best all around collections I have seen.

Good stuff Bubba!

Chris

Here are some of my axes , they span the complete axe making periods and styles from 6000 bc to 500 ad approx .there is also a liitle drilled pendant I found near a burial mound. I agree you never know what you are going to find?? all you fellas have some nice blades , I like the nova scotia points little different styles , some of those are real old pieces.

Thanks Chris , a lot of my stuff was found after a several big floods in missouri back in the 80s . I was lucky that we found a washed out mound near the creek bottom , I was like someone left them laying there on a pedestal of dirt. we found so much stuff that we carried it out in canvas bags!! I must have a couple hundred lbs. of broken stuff , just from one site . the axes were found at several different sites that were very close to each other .

That was a find of a lifetime. Try to do that one over again....haha

I got pumped up just thinking about coming across that stuff. 2thumbs

Thanks Chris , a lot of my stuff was found after a several big floods in missouri back in the 80s . I was lucky that we found a washed out mound near the creek bottom , I was like someone left them laying there on a pedestal of dirt. we found so much stuff that we carried it out in canvas bags!! I must have a couple hundred lbs. of broken stuff , just from one site . the axes were found at several different sites that were very close to each other .

Sounds like bubba-san may have found an old village site that in the past might have been "flooded out", and then abandoned. If it was a burial site, which most "mounds" were, there probably would have been some type of remains there as well. All villages were found near a source of water, such as a good sized creek or river, for convenience.

Back