Woods find...

bladegrinder

After I found this bee nest in my woods I banged on the tree real good to get them to leave. while swatting them like crazy I proceeded to cut the tree down with
a battery powered pole saw...man them bees were mad.
brought it back to the shop but for the life of me I couldn't get no honey out of this thing....:D

Actually, I've had my eye on this thing for over a month waiting for the hornets to leave, usually after the first frost their gone.
yesterday I tapped the tree with a long branch and they were gone so I went and cut it down this morning.
another hornet nest to hang in my shop! this is the biggest one I've found so far and believe me their was a lot of hornets around when this thing was active.

HnAxnis.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really nice one.

Little off topic, but what kind of grill guard you rock in' there? I'm shopping.

It's a Ranch Hand. I researched pretty good before I bought it and it seemed like the best one out there without moving up to a full bumper replacement with integral brush guard, it was also the only one I found that you could mount and not have to remove the tow hooks, I wanted to keep my tow hooks.
This brand is built really solid with good welds, some of the cheap ones are nothing but looks, this one will plow thru a brick wall.
I'm one of the few around my area that hasn't hit a deer or bear yet, I had a bear in my back yard a couple weeks ago.
here's another pic of it.
HJGvmef.jpg

Back