Wood for knife handle,s

FOG

I would like to BUY or TRADE knives for wood that does NOT need stabilizing or wood that HAS BEEN stabilized.Blocks, scales, planks i,m not picky.
These 2 are available :

IMG_0174-1.jpg

IMG_0172-1.jpg

IMG_0110-1.jpg

IMG_0096-1.jpg

Here are some ive made.I can make you a similar one or one of your design:

IMG_0051-1.jpg

Whatcha got ?

Thanks,Bryce

Last edited:
Wood For Scales

Hey Bryce,
per our PM, I am sending you the following unstabilized pieces for scales (some may be thick enough for hidden tang). As I stated, just post some pics when done and help support and grow KNIFEDOGS. All pieces are 5" long and widths and thicknesses vary. Wear a mask on all, but especially the purpleheart unless you enjoy poison ivy symptoms lodged in your throat. I itch when typing the word.

regards,
Steve Janik

Last edited:
How cool is that folks ?

Steve sending me wood and asking for nothing in return.

THANKS STEVE !!!!!!

Wear a mask on all, but especially the purpleheart unless you enjoy poison ivy symptoms lodged in your throat. I itch when typing the word.

regards,
Steve Janik

Purpleheart does that, does it?

I did not know that. unsure
Good info to have, since the Wife loves Purpleheart.
I may use some for her Christmas Present. rockon

Purpleheart

It may just be me and my allergies, but this stuff kills me. Cedar does the same thing to me, some aromatic species have a high oil content that can be very irritable. If it does get to you, you can use the standard topical poison ivory treatments.
Good luck,
Steve

Are you still looking for wood? If so, would you be interested in some kiawe (Hawaiian mesquite)? It's hard as nails! I also have a couple of unidentified striped dark dense wood boards that look like they might be something like bocate, wenge or zebrawood. Interested? I might have a piece or two of stabilized koa left, I'm not sure. If you're interested lets talk trade.

Back