Wilderness Pack Axe

antigoth24

I wanted to get input on my new Wilderness Pack Axe from a design stand point as I will be doing a lot of them with the first run being fifteen. I made a prototype a while ago but wasn't too found of the head geometry so I made some tweaks and here I am again...:p So any input wood be appreciated especially from anyone that does woodwork/ timber framing. Okay so this axe was forged from 1018 and a 1084 bit running back to the eye, the head measures 7 inches long with a 4 1/2 inch long edge and is 18 inches long made from hickory and weighs in at 2 1/4 pounds. In dimensions it is closest to the Gransfors Bruks Small Forest axe with the Gransfors weigh about 3/4 of a pound more. So as far as pack axes go it's on a the light side but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. This one still needs my maker's mark, but it will be my personal one to see how it is to live with as that will be the ultimate test of its design. But enough of me gibber jabbing what do you all think? Thank you for your input.

Robert

Back