(white ashes ) HAKOTSO NO OGUMI

bubba-san

(white ashes ) HAKOTSO NO OFUMI

( White ashes ) HAKOTSU NO OFUMI

" When I deeply contemplate the transient nature of human life, I realize that, from the beginning to the end, life is impermanent
like an illusion.

We have not yet heard of who lived ten thousand years. How fleeting is a lifetime.!

who in this world can maintain a human form for even a hundred years?

There is no knowing whether I will die first of others,whether death will occur today or tomorrow.

We depart one after another more quickly than the dewdrops on the roots or the tips of the blades of grasses.

So it is said. Hence we may have radiant faces in the morning, but by the evening we may turn into white ashes .

Once the winds of impermanence have blown, our eyes are instantly closed and our breath stops forever.

then, our radiant faces changes its color , and the attractive face changes its color, and the attractive peach and plum blossoms is lost.

Family, and relatives will gather and grieve , but, all to no avail?

Since there is nothing else that can be done , they carry the deceased out to the fields,and then what is left after the body is creamated and turned into the midnite smoke is just white ashes

Words fail to describe the sadness of it all.

Thus the aphemeral nature of human beings existence is such that death comes to young and old alike without descrimination.

So we should all quickley take to heart the matter of the greatest importance and recite the nembutsu Humbly and respectfully. "

Bubba-san

Last edited:
I hope I can see through the eyes of a child,… right up to the end. :)

… maybe go quick in some spectacular accident or act of heroism, rather than die with a drool cloth hanging out my mouth in some nursing home.

Guess I won't know until it happens though.

Back