What do you do with the scraps?

My friend Terry always teases me because I save everything.I mean it really has to be small to me to get thrown away.I use scrap for small straps, welts, filler pieces ,smalltabs for mounting rings,washers,jewelery, you name it.Scraps are also good for testing dye mixtures. I even save thread cutoffs to do belt loops and the like.May be frugal may be just plain cheap, but it works for me,lol.Dave

Sounds very familiar Dave. :lol:

I too have issues throwing away anything but the smallest scraps, and now have buckets of the stuff stored everywhere in the shop. Honestly thinking about giving a bunch away to a few needy new leather crafters. I feel like the hoarders on TV, its everywhere! :52:

And yes, I save short threads for belt loops as well, great minds think alike! :biggrin:

Actually back when I had a day job and my grandson was in scouts ,I used to send a bunch of scraps to him for his troop to practice stamping for the merit badges.Dave

Dwayne, I always knew we were like brothers

My lady just recently got into leatherwork so we're making lots of scraps :biggrin: I've used them to determine what size holes are needed for the thread/rivets, practicing with dyes, stamping etc. I also like using leather scraps to face vice jaws and clamps, so they don't scratch things up.

Back