want try carbon fiber, colored carbon fiber and kevlar material

SHOKR

guys, i'm looking to experiment with new handle materials, mostly carbon fiber, kevlar, colored carbon fiber, etc. but mostly all i find are sheets and i cant afford to test with a sheet

so if anybody has end cuts they don't use and are willing to do the effort of shipping ( i will pay for shipping of course) or is willing to sell me small pieces, please let me know.
the thicker the better, starting from 1/8"
thanks

note: the reason i didnt place this in the Wanted section is because its more of a friendly request and i had my doubts i would find what i needed there

Shokr,
If I am not mistaken? Bossdog sell sets of these materials like colored G-10 Carbon fiber etc. Go to his Midwest knife maker link at the top of the page.

I won't work with any of that stuff, if I did I would gladly help you out.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I checked before i asked and there was only blue, i was looking for more variety.

Thanks Laurence, i know you dont and i know you wouldve :)

Skhor,
I think that those materials are mostly dark colors? Grey, Black, Blue, Green & Brown.
That;s why I suggest the G-10 That can be done in bright Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange etc colors.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

i found a site the has some crazy colors! its mainly for automotive industry so they have really thin materials but they have gold, red, purple, silver, and some other crazy colors! so if its made thin it must be made thicker somewhere else!

either way with me not selling knives, running out of money, and the exchange rate going in the poop-house seems i wont be buying anything anytime soon...

You can have those places in the auto industry that make the material press them in thicker sizes. However you should know that the pattern you see usually does not run all the way through its only on the surface. You have to ask them to press them with the pattern all the way through and it's more expensive when they do. Ask me how I know....

that couldnt have been a fun experience...

thanks a lot, thats a really good tip Rosa

Back