Tippmann Boss

Tooln

I figured this would be the best place to post this. I'm thinking of getting a Tippmann Boss. Anyone here have anything good or bad to say about them. Thanks

I have not used a Tippman Boss. I would suggest looking at the Cowboy Outlaw machine before you buy though. If you use the search feature on here Ed Caffery wrote a thread on his experience with the Boss. When I did my research, I chose the Outlaw and I have not regretted it for a second. JMO.

I have not used a Tippman Boss. I would suggest looking at the Cowboy Outlaw machine before you buy though. If you use the search feature on here Ed Caffery wrote a thread on his experience with the Boss. When I did my research, I chose the Outlaw and I have not regretted it for a second. JMO.
Can you post a link to that article. I keep getting an error with the search function.

I don't know anything about the Tippmann other then reading reviews from other knifemakers and leatherworkers, none of which were steller.
I hand stitched for 30+ years and the last five or so started looking at machines. the first was the Tippmann and I searched high and low for everything I could find out about it. over time I dropped the idea then started researching again, but in the back of my head I personally wasn't interested in the Tippmann anymore after all the researching I did on it.

I started looking at what leatherworkers were using rather then knifemakers, finally coming to the conclusion that I didn't want any sort of hand stitching machine and went all out and bought a Cowboy 4500. there a lot of coin to drop on a sewing machine but I always intended to branch out and make holsters, belts and other stuff in the back of my head so that guided me in my decision on a full size machine.

If I were you, I would look at the Cowboy Outlaw model along with the Tippmann. research and read anything and everything about them. look on youtube for videos and reviews and look for dealers and reviews on them also.

Good luck in your search, I hope you get a machine you like, they beat hand stitching!

There's a local knifemaker around me that has one. I watched him use it and it looks pretty cool. A little more effort than the cobra but once you get it set up right, it works a treat. He loves it.

Well I finally had a chance to put the Boss to work. I did a few practice stiches on some scrap and then had at it. It worked great. I can see there is a little learning curve but I could be happier. Here are the first 3 sewed. Also the bottom one is my first to be tooled.

20230223_184937.jpg 20230223_185015.jpg 20230223_184836.jpg

Back