The Wonderful Saving Grace of God...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
[FONT=&quot]Galatians 1:6-9New International Version (NIV)[/FONT]
[SUP][FONT=&quot]6 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— [SUP]
7 [/SUP]which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!
[SUP]9 [/SUP]As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

I like this passage and I think that the key to it is in v. 6- GRACE. Grace is the key to the Gospel. If another's teaching or beliefs:

1. excludes grace or
2. mixes grace with the law as the way to justification and/or salvation OR
3. denies the FACT and guilt of sin in the individual, rendering us dead (not just physically dead, but eternally and spiritually dead) which is what makes grace necessary and gives it it’s opportunity to give its full intended effect.

then it is a false gospel and not the revealed Truth of God.

The concepts of love, charity, compassion, understanding and kindness are wonderful ideals and are an integral part of Christianity. However....they do NOT deal with the issue of personal sin, which we all have, and cannot lead to salvation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Romans 3:23New International Version (NIV)[/FONT]
[SUP][FONT=&quot]23 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 6:23King James Version (KJV)[/FONT]
[SUP][FONT=&quot]23 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

^^^Spirtual AND moral death are meant here....not just physical death.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)[/FONT]

[SUP][FONT=&quot]8 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[/FONT]
[SUP][FONT=&quot]9 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Verse 8....key word: SAVED! Saved from what? If there is nothing to save from, then this grace of God is unnecessary. Saved from the death mentioned above, of course.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
1 John 1:8-10King James Version (KJV)[/FONT]

[SUP][FONT=&quot]8 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.[/FONT]
[SUP][FONT=&quot]9 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.[/FONT]

[SUP][FONT=&quot]10 [/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&quot]If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.[/FONT]

Back