The Farrier

Wade Hougham

I had a request for a display piece made from a farriers rasp and this is what I came up with, a large chopper.
The cutting edge is 12 1/2" long and the over all length is 19 1/4".
The handle is elk antler crown and the guard is from another rasp.
Hope you enjoy the view and thanks for looking.

Wade, In my very humble biased and opinionated opinion the nicest piece to come out of the soggy lowlands to date. I ENJOYED looking at this several times and saved the pics for future thievery. Outstanding. Sheath in the works?.........Randy

Thank you for the comments Chris and Randy.
Randy, I am not going to make a sheath for this one but possibly a stand. The gentleman I made it for is a farrier and wants it for display only. If I had your talent and imagination when it comes to sheath making it probably would get a sheath.
Wade

Wade thats one heck of a nice chopper and you have been putting out some fantastic hawks lately. My 2 favorates were the red feather and the curly hawk. KT

Last edited:
Very Nice piece Wade. I have been sneeking in here and peeking from time to time just to see what new item you might have conjured up.
It's a good thing for you we arent neighbors because I think you would get tired of me hanging out watching you create.

KT and Lagrange, thank you both for the comments.
KT, I have some new wood for a haft and should have a new hawk out by the end of next week.
Lagrange, I get awful lonely forging down here, most people are scurrying from one air conditioned place to the next.
Wade

Back