Started my KITH knife- WIP

Franklin, Thank You for the kind words.

I basicly got my ideas from some of the knives I have personally held in my hands that Wade and another friend Bola have made. The gills on the finger chole are something that I saw on YouTube that Joe Keeslar does, and the arrow head looking point I learned to do in a class with Jason Knight.

Now I need to research an appropriate sheath. I'm thinking something with gator, or fur together with some brass tacks and a few ???

Sheath is basically ready waiting for knife to get back from engraver. He has a large order in front of my job which he had started before I got there. He said about 2 week wait on my job. Since we don't need it till end of May I said OK.

This is my third sheath of this type. I use a piece of 6/7 oz Herman Oak for the body, some deer skin fringe I had left over from another project, wooden beads, brass cones and a couple of feathers my youngest daugther had. Oh, and some brass double head rivets I got at Daddy's Leather Supply in Miami.

Sheath-02.jpg

Photo shoot of completed project when knife gets back...

Thank you, Guys!

Sheaths are a challenge for me as I have a hand condition that causes them to cramp up when sewing. Still I do enjoy making them it just takes me a lot longer to do so.

Final Photos, Knife Ready to Ship...

28.jpg

Sheath finished with knife in it.

29.jpg

Blademark engraved.

30.jpg

Finish Knife with sheath.

31.jpg

Knife packaged ready to ship.

This has been fun and I would urge all Dogs to try a KITH. There is a Summer KITH starting up now. Just search for it!

Back