Some ‘Smith logic I’m speaking on.

Wow, this thread went from a summary to personal attacks really quick!
While I have no side i wish to take in this, I would like, as a neutral 3rd party, to point out my observation that @One Armed might have started this downward slide in your first post when you typed:
But if it does... well, you’re probably a Democrat and your life is very unhappy anyway.
and other highly politically-charged and divisive comments in your post.

Good luck, and hopefully your abilities improve, your pain decreases and life get easier in the future.

Ok, I deleted all but my OP & response to Ken. Everything else is in its place. Nothing I said in the OP was a personal attack... as many of your “MOB” posts were. But I no longer see your angry content. Only Ken’s post is left. So it was productive. Showed me those I want nothing to do with. Again, I never asked any of you now on my ignore list, to post attacks.

Ok, I deleted all but my OP & response to Ken. Everything else is in its place. Nothing I said in the OP was a personal attack... as many of your “MOB” posts were. But I no longer see your angry content. Only Ken’s post is left. So it was productive. Showed me those I want nothing to do with. Again, I never asked any of you now on my ignore list, to post attacks.

LOL......wow.

Well good.....glad you got it whittled down to just how you want it.

I appreciate some of the OPs opinions...perhaps as a person that now lives in non-stop pain and has to be careful as to how that affects my online discourse...I read between his lines a bit...

I am most in agreement with Daniel's opinion however. The us vs them mindset is moot. Both "sides" are building knives at a level unheard of 60 years ago. It seems the debate has almost become theological in nature to those that it matters to.

Due to recent health setbacks I will never be able to forge a blade...my hope is I do not adopt a "sour grapes" (Aesops fables...) towards forging. It is art/science in a wonderful combination.

Knifemaking has so many variables involved in every step of the build that the proverbial "hundred ways to skin a cat" is constantly in play.

If I ever make enough money selling my stock removal blades (which I love) I will be buying some fine forged blades from makers I know....

Because a good knife is truly a thing of beauty...

Interesting thread. I thought my post was fairly objective. But apparently unseen by the OP. I guess I must have disagreed with him at some point.

I totally believe in meeting folks half way. Buh bye.

I appreciate some of the OPs opinions...perhaps as a person that now lives in non-stop pain and has to be careful as to how that affects my online discourse...I read between his lines a bit...

I am most in agreement with Daniel's opinion however. The us vs them mindset is moot. Both "sides" are building knives at a level unheard of 60 years ago. It seems the debate has almost become theological in nature to those that it matters to.

Due to recent health setbacks I will never be able to forge a blade...my hope is I do not adopt a "sour grapes" (Aesops fables...) towards forging. It is art/science in a wonderful combination.

Knifemaking has so many variables involved in every step of the build that the proverbial "hundred ways to skin a cat" is constantly in play.

If I ever make enough money selling my stock removal blades (which I love) I will be buying some fine forged blades from makers I know....

Because a good knife is truly a thing of beauty...

Thank you for that Smallshop. And once again... for the record.... I never thought of this as a “Forging vs Stock Removal” thread. OTHERS brought that aspect in....NOT ME! Certain members are putting words in my mouth. If THEY had bothered to read my entire OP (which I believe you did), they would see that. I have the same limitations as yourself. I’m unable to forge. But I believe it to be a an amazing practice. I truly wish I could for the pure fun of it. (That’s the second time I said that, LOL!) I didn’t attack anyone from the start. Certain people brought it here. I think much the same as you. Although I have no interest in buying the knives of others. But then, I’m not a collector either.

A small group of people brought the negatively, and hostile nature to my thread, NOT ME! I asked them to leave as they have nothing to offer except their anger. Yet, logged off I can still see they continue posting. So I’ll just stay logged in to skip their content. Im just not going to humor it.

I do appreciate your point of view Smallshop. Thank you again for your curtesy.

Anytime I see the following..Hope I didn't hurt anyone feelings... and the I'll get over it by morning at the end of a statement I always get a funny feeling that someone's just insulted me. That type of statement has no business on this or any other forum. If you feel you just have to stir the pot, go out to the shop and fire up the grinder. Its alot more productive and you might make Blade someone wants to purchase.

was this all about murray carter bashing? if it wasn't about stock removal vs forged to shape what the hell was it?

Back