Small Damascus Persian

BrandantR

Well, up until this point, I have been hesitant to try selling one of my knives, but the folks here on the forum have given me enough encouragement that I thought I would give it a try. I have been making folding knives for about a year and a half now and have either given them away or kept them for my own collection. This is folder #20. The photos aren't very good. That's something I'm still working on. I hope you like it.

Specs:

Knife Design: Parsa
Blade: 2-1/4" Mike Norris Stainless Damascus
Open Length: 5-3/8"
Scales: Buffalo Horn
Bolsters: Satin finished 416 SS
Liners: Anodized titanium
Spacer: Mike Norris Stainless Damascus
Asking Price: $250.00 shipped within continental U.S.

DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0011.jpg

Please email me if interested at theoldstump@live.com

Well, I need to buy some parts to make myself a big boy 2"x72" grinder, so let's drop the price of this little guy in hopes of finding some funds. How about an even $200. I need to take some better pictures since these that I have posted really don't do the knife any justice. I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions about the knife or myself as its maker.

Email any inquiries to theoldstump@live.com

Have you advertised anywhere else? There are a bunches of collectors and buyers on several forums and tons of Facebook groups.

Thanks, Wayne. I appreciate your comment.

Anthony, this is the only place that I have posted this knife for sale. I'm kicking around the idea of starting a webpage where I can post some tutorials, show off my collection, and put a few knives up for sale. I have a blog page that I started a few years ago where I have sold quite a few woodcarving tools that I make, so I think it would be a good place to start for my custom knives. I just have to learn how to take some decent photos of my knives and find the time to start the webpage. The problem is, every hour spent doing the above is an hour that I'm not working on a knife :p.

Thanks again for taking a look.

I started using Facebook, against my will, last fall. I have generated plenty of interest with just my page. Seems like a lot people get interested in progress pics, custom options, and just asking questions. In my local area and state, there about a dozen outdoors, hunting, knife collector, knife maker, etc FB groups. There are also many general groups not specific to any one area out there. Basically what I'm suggesting is exploit FB to find a customer base. I've also been asked to put my stuff in a local shop for commission sales, but haven't tried it yet.

I do have one more suggestion, and don't take it wrong. You had a pic on here a while back of another knife that looked awesome if I'm remembering correctly. It was a little more mainstream in design than this one, it might appeal to a wider audience. I think it would help a little to have more than one available too. Keep us posted on what works for you, I'm following your journey.

Let's drop the price of this little knife down to a rock-bottom sum of $150.00. Please see my website below in my signature to see a few more photos and a better description.

Back