Shrunken Scales

Absinthe

Got some campers. But two of them, Camco and a camilus Cub Scout both have severely shrunken scales/handle material.

Also, an observation, the cub sideways especially in mineral oil, looks clear. Kind of like how a mirror is painted on one side.

Plenty of work on that cub, locking liner has to be remade, And the main blade is very loose. But the camco, just needs handle material replaced.

I am open to suggestions. And advice. Anyone have any?

Also, notice the bale pin is double headed. How is that achieved?
18f5ec5c9c4930cc957710ab27881283884711ec.jpg
You can see the clearness in the center image. You can see the scale pins, especially on the bottom scale, but that is just camera angle. You can also see the severe curl to the shrinkage.
1279bac58052e758a0f6ec462677bd80514b827f.jpg
This image shows the 2 cubs side by side so the shrinkage is obvious. The camco on the right and the cub in the middle came from the same vendor, perhaps whatever happened to shrink the scales on one also happened to the other.
50e614772c64053fe9098bbad01203712f2872be.jpg
Not sure if you can tell from the image, but the cub's shield is not proud of the scales at all. It is completely potted beneath clear "resin". If I can salvage it somehow, I think I will put it in the non-shrunk one that is missing the shield. And whatever scales I put on it, will likely get a generic shield, or whatever I can personally create. Unless anyone knows of a good source for a single BSA shield of some kind.

Any suggestions for handle material?

Back