Sheath disaster

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
Well I started on the snake skin inlay . I messed up a few things after cutting out my 4 oz front piece I never dye it before stitching and that was a big mistake because the inside edge was glowing like white against the snake skin so I dye the whole thing and it actually doesnt look that bad Ive seen people dye snake skin all kinds of colors so I said what the heck and dye the grey and brown cobra skin rusty brown . It actually looks not bad . Ill post a picture tommorrow. I have a little left to do. the next one will be much better.

You don't need to dye the the whole thing before stitching just the inside edge of the "window" around the inlay.I also burnish and seal there prior to gluing top piece on.Dave :)

Good advice there. :) But heck, that old codger there is where I learned how to do my inlays back in the stone age. :p

The pre-historic age, well, you didnt wanna be there. huh1

yes thats eactly what i did on the second one. Well then I cut out 4 more so I ll get into practice ing while I have everyones attention. I truely appreciate all the help. Here are the 2 I finished the first attempt is the dyed cobra and the secon natural
20100415_1.jpg
20100415_2.jpg
20100415_3.jpg
20100415_4.jpg
20100415_8.jpg

Back